PDA

View Full Version : Z-spray nozzels

a plus bob
02-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Anybody ever soak your tips and screens in iron out ?Didn't know if it would hurt the spring in the check valve or not kind of gummed up thought this might work?:confused:

ToniDavies
02-17-2009, 02:50 PM
I am not sure what iron out is but I do know that soaking in a little tub of motor oil works.

grassman177
02-17-2009, 06:08 PM
why not jsut get new ones. alcohol is a good solvent, should not hurt it i would think. there is also CLR. call zspray, i am sure they can recommend something for you. let us know too , sorry i cant help. motor oil sounds like a big mistake to me, maybe you could explain that one a bit

rcreech
02-17-2009, 06:24 PM
why not jsut get new ones.

Yeah....why not just get new ones? That is exactly what I was thinking!

I have used AI tips for a couple years now...and the best thing you can do when having trouble/plugging is use compressed air.

Why are you trying to clean. Are you having trouble with them?

The tip is one of the most important pieces of the puzzle when it comes to application accuracy!

Only being $5-6 each...why not just replace them once a year?

I don't think I would ever use motor oil! What is the reason for doing so?

a plus bob
02-17-2009, 06:48 PM
I have several sets of extras. I all ways soak my strainer screens from trucks,and Z in iron out makes them look new just wandered if it would hurt the tip screens (the little spring inside).Hate to throw them out not that bad.

ToniDavies
02-18-2009, 08:42 AM
I have used SAE30 oil just helps to lube them up then you can clean off with an old toothbrush to get clean until you decide to buy new ones. I do agree that new ones are the way to go as over time the nozzle size gets bigger puting out more product than you may want.