PDA

View Full Version : New Hunter Rotor Head

zimmatic
02-17-2009, 04:48 PM
I heard that Hunter is comming out with a new rotor between pgp and I-20 does anyone know more about it?

Flow Control
02-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Interesting: There is not a difference between distance on the PGP and I-20, so I would have to assume it would be a difference in materials. And that would be a surprise since RB has put some heat on the PGP regarding the msrp. So if came out with a econ rotor it would not be between the PGP & I-20 but between the PGJ & PGP.

DanaMac
02-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Do you guys think it might me a retail head? Sold in HD and Lowes?

EagleLandscape
02-17-2009, 05:17 PM
there is a new head. heard of from a hunter guy at ft worth irr association meeting. let me see if i can find my literature about it.

Wet_Boots
02-17-2009, 05:38 PM
I don't see there being much room between a PGP and a I-20 ~ same gear drive, and all that.

Sprinkus
02-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Hmmm, they could call it the "PIP" or the "PIG" if it's in between a PGP and an I-20.

CAPT Stream Rotar
02-17-2009, 06:27 PM
sadly it will not be as good as the stream Rotar

zimmatic
02-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Hunter rep made a comment at a class today that it would be announced in 2 weeks/or the reps could talk about it officaly. I was just wondering if anyone else heard anything. I see jwingfield has. I guess just have to wait two weeks to find out more.

Wet_Boots
02-17-2009, 08:24 PM
I think I can stand to wait another two weeks before I install more heads.

Tom Tom
02-17-2009, 08:26 PM
mp4000 ?

DanaMac
02-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Hmmm, they could call it the "PIP" or the "PIG"

How about the P-Diddy?

Stuttering Stan
02-17-2009, 09:53 PM
How about the P-Diddy?

Booooooo! That was awful.

djt22
02-17-2009, 10:26 PM
PGP Ultra that will rotate 360 non stop not sure its price range, would have made for a good head but they did not add the shut off feature like rb's

Mike Leary
02-18-2009, 10:47 AM
That shut-off deal that the RB 5000 and the I-20 Ultra have sure are handy.

Tom Tom
02-18-2009, 11:03 AM
That shut-off deal that the RB 5000 and the I-20 Ultra have sure are handy.

hell yeah! almost as handy as rm remote

BSME
02-26-2009, 05:23 PM
http://committoblue.com/storage/documents/BR_PGPULTRA_dom.pdf

HokieAg07
02-26-2009, 06:53 PM
I dont see the huge differences, and the part numbers look like they are set up to replace the current PGP's. Seems logical to me that this "new" head is just an updated PGP.

Wet_Boots
02-26-2009, 07:27 PM
And note that the smallest nozzles are gone. Boo hiss. Beyond the non-strippable drive and an improved throttle screw, big deal.

mitchgo
02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I agree..
They could have had some white stripes coming down the sides to make it cooler!

I don't really understand the automatic arc readjustment and what the purpose of it would be.

Wet_Boots
02-26-2009, 08:58 PM
The 'automatic' thing should mean that after the wiseass kids get bored with making the sprinkler system water the street traffic, the heads will return to their original coverage.

aquamtic
02-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Just got back from the Hunter Factory and New Product Tour:

The PGP Ultra has the following new features.

True 360 degree rotation

Vandal Proof Gear Design: Cant spin out gears if swisted in the middle of rotation

Thicker Top Cap ( Like the 1-20)

Throw/Nozzle Screw: Can now be adjusted with a basic small screwdriver or still the Hunter key

Warranty: 3 Year Instead of 2 Year

Comes with new Blue Nozzles:

The standard PGP will be still available but retail cost will drop down about a buck.

mitchgo
02-27-2009, 01:33 AM
I think I'll stick with the checked pgp's.
Unless it came with a shut off like I20 or rb5000 I only would want something with more DU . The only stripped gear pgp's I run into are the 20+ year old ones.

I like the new warranty.

And I still don't understand that automatic return. all heads of a physical right or left set. So if the kids turn it to the street it's going to still stay at the street until physically turned back.

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-27-2009, 06:51 AM
What this is telling me is that the rotor has topped out on design and innovation. A little tinkering on the margins and price differentiation are all that is left.

AI Inc
02-27-2009, 06:54 AM
What this is telling me is that the rotor has topped out on design and innovation. A little tinkering on the margins and price differentiation are all that is left.

Pretty much, was /is a good head. Not a lot to do to improve something that is already top notch.

AI Inc
02-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Hunter's New PGP Ultra Rotor!

From "Hunter Industries" <hunterbranding@gmail.com>
To <steve
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:19:27 -0600

Introducing Hunter´s New PGP Ultra Rotor!

I am happy to announce that Hunter has accomplished an almost impossible task, we made the reliable, time-proven PGP better! While doing so we have incorporated several features that have been requested by many of our customers for the past few years.

This new PGP Ultra has the following improvements which were recently introduced in the I-35, then even more recently in the I-25 Ultra and I-40 Ultra, all of which have proven very popular! The new PGP Ultra will have the following features, listed from top to bottom:

NEW! Thicker, safer rubber cover. The bump over the screw is gone. More like the I-20 style, completely flat on top.

NEW! Headed and slotted nozzle retainer screw, so either a Hunter wrench or screwdriver may be used.

NEW! Eight, square-topped BLUE nozzles with four LA nozzles, same as the PGP and I-20 BLUE nozzles.

NEW! Fully adjustable from 50-360 degrees. When adjusted to 360, continuous counter-clockwise rotation.

NEW! Non-strippable drive mechanism with Auto-Arc return, same as the I-25, I-35, I-40, prevents damage when the turret is turned by vandals.

NEW! Improved dirty-water tolerance on the internal gear drive, same type as all I-Series, better for harsh water environments.

NEW! Innovative, exciting packaging. The PGP-04 heads will be in a 6-pack style box with nozzles.

NEW! Three-year warranty, a little added bonus, which most likely will never be needed.

I realize youre now asking, Whats the price of this new PGP Ultra?, How do I order my PGP Ultras? and, So what is going to happen with the PGP? Heres the plan:

The list price of the PGP-04 Ultra is $21.95. Its our plan to sell-up from the base PGP-ADJ to the PGP Ultra. In 2009 you can get a sprinkler that has far more features than before at the same price as 2008! Now that we have this Ultra, selling PGPs will once again be fun! To place your order, simply order PGP-04. Easy and pain free!

The PGP-ADJ will still continue to be produced, along with a limited number of ADJ models with pre-installed nozzle models. Our goal is to eliminate all models of the current PGP except for the basic PGP-ADJ and PGP-ADJ-B. All full circles, check valve and reclaimed ID models will be the new Ultra once stock of the current models is depleted.

Please take a look at the attached PGP Ultra brochure. As always, please feel free to contact me with your questions. I look forward to sharing success PGP Ultra stories with you! Thank you.

Click to download the PGP Ultra brochure

Thanks,
Steve Hoveln
Product Manager - Rotors
760-591-7329

Wet_Boots
02-27-2009, 02:59 PM
So, does the non-strippable drive freewheel while you're adjusting arcs? When I was fiddling around with the Toro TR-50, that was an immense gripe, having to watch it hit the reversing points on its own.

hoskm01
02-27-2009, 03:53 PM
After reading that same email from Jim and AI, I expexted to read something like "You'll be saying PGPWow" everytime.