PDA

View Full Version : Nj guys, have you heard?

wcb607a
02-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Was at the 3A safety class today and the instructor told us that one of the regulation changes for lawn care is the posting signs have to be silver, not white. Have you heard anything about that?

phasthound
02-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Was at the 3A safety class today and the instructor told us that one of the regulation changes for lawn care is the posting signs have to be silver, not white. Have you heard anything about that?

Yes, the reg was passed awhile ago. I understand you are able to use what you have in stock.

jkranium
02-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Yep they first mentioned that about 3 years ago. I have to say I am gad to be out of NJ, soon they are going to be as bad as NY.

DLAWNS
02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Why does the state not tell me anything? lol I was just at a recert class and heard nothing about this. I think that they don't make it well known so they can hit us with fines. :dizzy:

jkranium
02-18-2009, 02:37 AM
When I was inspected by the DEP in Jan of 2007, I mentioned that I had heard about it to the inspector. He said not to worry it would never pass. Since I moved, I haven't followed anything but I know it was on the NJ turfgrass associations radar before.

daveyo
02-18-2009, 04:22 AM
Why are they out there regulating it? If there is I missed him.

realist
02-19-2009, 01:25 PM
nj regs. says white with dark lettering, we had silver flags for years and was told we had to change to white. i just got a shipment of 7500 flags, so we have alot to use. see attached file (if it came through)

jkranium
02-19-2009, 03:08 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they don't get around to updating their website for another year or two. After all they were never able to invoice me for my license until well after the payment was due. But who knows I know a guy that got stopped by his county's board of health and wanted him to put placards on his vans, even though there is no requirement to do so. Way too many govt agencies in NJ for my taste.

phasthound
02-19-2009, 06:25 PM
nj regs. says white with dark lettering, we had silver flags for years and was told we had to change to white. i just got a shipment of 7500 flags, so we have alot to use. see attached file (if it came through)

realist,
Welcome to lawnsite.com

Shameless plug! :)
If you're looking for some great fertilizers, let me know.

DLAWNS
02-19-2009, 10:34 PM

Welcome to Lawnsite! Be sure to check out our Jersey Guys thread in the "Network with people from your area" forum. I look forward to talking with you!