PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a trailer?

ColoRyan
02-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi, I'm just getting started this year and I need a trailer. I've done some searches on the forum and I'm finding people getting great deals on trailers (like sub 1K for a 5x10), but I have yet to find anything in my area that is in my opinion a good deal. I'm still crossing my fingers for a great Craigslist find but I will probably end up buying new.

I'll probably be storing it in a 10x20 self storage unit, I originally wanted a 5x10 but now I'm thinking 5x12 or 5x14 if it will fit and I can actually back it up in there. 6 ft or 6.5 width might work also. I have a small 4 cylinder pickup with a 2000 lb tow rating but I still want a trailer with 2990 or 3500 lb axle and 15" wheels. I want something well-built, no fuss, A-frame tongue with jack etc. Angle iron is fine. No frills needed yet just basic well-built trailer with a sturdy 4ft. ramp gate.

I'm willing to travel to Colorado, Kansas, Utah, Wyoming, or Idaho to get a good deal (as I will eventually be traveling to those areas anyway).

I'd be willing to put in my own flooring if that would save some money.

When I was pricing 5x10's they ranged anywhere from 1300 to 1700 which seems way higher than what people on the forum are finding in that size.

Any ideas on where I should look?

Thanks