PDA

View Full Version : Z-spray Guys

RABBITMAN11
02-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey I just wanted to say that Tom and the guys at Lt Rich have really been great to work with over the years! I have had many different projects that have always been meet from the guys at Lt Rich. Its always fun to come over to Area 51 and see what cool projects you guys are working on! Anyways just wanted to say thanks for building machines that meet and exceed all expectations.The equipment that you guys build out preforms them all. Tom you really are a one of a kind Inventor in this field keep up the great work!

a plus bob
02-17-2009, 08:54 PM
did you see the new project?

RABBITMAN11
02-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah pretty cool!

a plus bob
02-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Kinda liking the Briggs even!

Rayholio
02-17-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm about to be a Z owner I think.. I've weighed all the options, and I'm headed in that direction...

so far I like the sales people.. as far as the machine goes.. based on specs, and my experience... I'd like to see a machine with a lower center of gravity.. (maybe a sit down) and an engine that will last as long as the hydrostat... Say.. deisel? :)

I'm a long time grasshopper fan.. I want to see a ride on built like that... the 21hp desiel engines run FOREVER on my mowers.. We have one from 1996 with thousonds of hours on it.. still runs like new.. and the center of gravity is a 9 inches.. it can climb any hill that doesn't require repelling gear :) It's just too bad it's so HUGE!

RABBITMAN11
02-17-2009, 10:45 PM
I actually brought the Idea up about a diesel. I remember asking Brent and he just gave me this look and said don't give Tom any ideas! Adding a diesel engine would add a lot of cost to the machine. I'm sure some guys would be willing to pay the extra but not sure that would be a big selling point. Here is another idea diesel with a turbo, nothing like a little over kill.

If you build it they will come.

grassman177
02-18-2009, 10:32 AM
think about the wieght of that option, as much as i love diesels i would opt not for that one. Rayholio, go for the zspray, i promise you wil not be disapointed at all. very productive and they have just the machine for your needs, that is what i like best, other companies have the same thing, which is used for big and small, well so do zsprays except you truely can customize to the size lawns you treat most often. good luck!

daveyo
02-18-2009, 01:52 PM
My Junior has been crated today and will be in my hands:clapping: Friday. I honestly can't wait to do my 0-0-7 Dimension app, Fe micro mix and Herbicide app all at once, now were talking production!!

Rayholio
02-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Nice.. My funding is guaranteed.. mine will likely be shipped tomorrow :)

Party time :)

a plus bob
02-18-2009, 08:18 PM

Which machine did you go with?

daveyo
02-18-2009, 08:27 PM

That prolawn sprayer looks diabolical :), what kind of production you get out of that? Just curious.

GREEN-UP
02-18-2009, 09:03 PM
I have the original z-spray, its retired, but still could work. I am on my 3rd and could not recommend anything more. The $$$ and labor that machine has saved me is unexplainable. I am 40, would not even think of pulling a hose ever again, or pushing. FYI, 1 guy using it in 3yrs, changed oil 6x,washed off everytime used, no problems.
Here's my new catch. by washing and keeping clean, the pump builds up rust and is starting to come loose. Usually the pump goes out after 16months. Any way of sealing pump to prevent rust.

Rayholio
02-18-2009, 09:14 PM
That prolawn sprayer looks diabolical :), what kind of production you get out of that? Just curious.

It really kicks butt... 11 ft swath.. upto 11-13 mph.. however I normally try to keep it around 6-7... Can climb ANY dry hill, and most wet ones...

I've used it as my ONLY liquid applicator in the past... and done 5k sq ft lawns with it... but it's best suited for 30k and bigger..

I think I can knock out an acre in about 15-20 minutes + load /unload time..
or I can do a 5k yard in about the same amount of time after walking the back with the attached wand..

The REAL benifit with this machine is that it is ZERO drift.. I can spray in ANY wind. The 'application area' is zero mph wind speed due to the shields..

daveyo
02-18-2009, 11:00 PM
It really kicks butt... 11 ft swath.. upto 11-13 mph.. however I normally try to keep it around 6-7... Can climb ANY dry hill, and most wet ones...

I've used it as my ONLY liquid applicator in the past... and done 5k sq ft lawns with it... but it's best suited for 30k and bigger..

I think I can knock out an acre in about 15-20 minutes + load /unload time..
or I can do a 5k yard in about the same amount of time after walking the back with the attached wand..

The REAL benifit with this machine is that it is ZERO drift.. I can spray in ANY wind. The 'application area' is zero mph wind speed due to the shields..

Yea I saw the hoods that in itself seems to be a very nice advantage. Production is good also, I see your point in it being for larger lawns though. nonetheless nice piece.