PDA

View Full Version : Dump insert Question

mowerman41
02-17-2009, 08:35 PM
I have a 9' dump insert in my 2003 F-250. The insert has surface rust on it, I figure that I am going to sand/grind the rust off the best that I can. Do you suppose that I use something like Rustoleum Paint or go with something else. Thanks.......

DLAWNS
02-17-2009, 09:56 PM
I have the same problem. Last winter, I just lightly sanded it and spray painted it, but it happened again. I would also be interested to hear if there are any other options that might last longer.

stroker51
02-17-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm getting ready to sandblast and paint the dump box on my 1 ton. If you can get a sandblaster, take it to bare metal, then 2 coats of prime and paint. If you can get some Case IH, or I guess CNH paint now, use that, it holds up really well, the company I used to work for does that about every three years to his flatbed dumps and trailer, and they look great. One of the trucks carries a salter all winter and that once every three year paint job keeps the bed lookin awesome.

CLARK LAWN
02-17-2009, 11:40 PM
quick hint, before you start to sand the bed down go get a load of 57 and drive around with it, it will take a lot of the loose stuff off, then power wash then wire wheel then paint. you will probably have to do this every year they just seem to take a beating.

Jusmowin
02-18-2009, 08:26 AM
How about rino linning it after you sand it down and prime it?

terribentti
02-19-2009, 08:41 AM
I have the same problem. Last winter, I just lightly sanded it and spray painted it, but it happened again. I would also be interested to hear if there are any other options that might last longer.

check out the web-site, their dump bed is poly and has no maintenance issues. www.dump-pro.com