PDA

View Full Version : Flyers?!

QualityMowingServices
02-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey guys,

Wondering where you put your flyers. I started a couple weeks ago and just put them on front doors... that just took FOREVER. Then I decided (even if its illegal) to put them in mailboxes. MUCH faster. Please let me know what you guys suggest... whats the best way to advertise you your opinion?

Thanks!
Grant

Woody82986
02-17-2009, 09:38 PM
If I were you, I'd stick to "legal" places to put your flyer.

QualityMowingServices
02-17-2009, 09:41 PM
So front doors?

any faster way? :S

1.2.3. green
02-17-2009, 09:53 PM
I did the mailbox trick once , same day got a friendly warning from the postmaster.

QualityMowingServices
02-17-2009, 09:56 PM
great.. haha

well what are my other options?

clipperslawnservice
02-17-2009, 10:29 PM
I Just went full time this year so today was my first time to do flyers.
I rolled and wraped them in rubber bands as i walked from house to
house.It was hard to roll them up because the wind was blowing
about 30 mph. so it was very slow. did 100, then went home, rolled
and wraped w/rubber bands and stuck them in a large shopping bag.
It went a lot faster this way!!! With the rubber bands, you can hang
them just about anywhere, door,shrub next to front door, paper box,
I even hung some on chairs by the front door, just use your imagination!!
Just stay away from mailboxes.

f150 with bobcat
02-17-2009, 10:42 PM
make em stick out!!!!! remember to keep em out of the mailbox use the iron railings to place them use a colorful paper or very unique layout on the flyer but most of the time the flyer goes into the garbage

1.2.3. green
02-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Put them on the cars windsheilds at a shopping center or a mall. I carry cards on me all the time and put them everywhere! That besides word of mouth is how i get most mt customers.i also give $50.00 for a refferal, if the person signs up with me the person who gave out my name made 50. I put out alot of flyers and haven't had any luck at all, not counting the gas and time doing it.

QualityMowingServices
02-17-2009, 11:13 PM
o yeah! never thought about car windshields thats a great idea! thanks!

QualityMowingServices
02-17-2009, 11:15 PM
going to a mall, parking, and putting them on windshields will save a lot of gas money!

DLAWNS
02-17-2009, 11:26 PM
I personally wouldn't put them on car windshields. You'll hit a lot of vehicles, but I think all you'll get is pissed off people. I personally hate getting things on my windshields.

QualityMowingServices
02-17-2009, 11:34 PM
thats true.. maybe putting it in the driver window lining would be better... it is annoying to see it after you get in the car and having to get out. thanks for the input

DLAWNS
02-17-2009, 11:45 PM
thats true.. maybe putting it in the driver window lining would be better... it is annoying to see it after you get in the car and having to get out. thanks for the input

I think you might have missed my point...I think putting your flyer on cars in a parking lot is not a great idea in general. I hate getting people's stuff on my car. You will also being open to people saying you put a scratch on their car. Either way...just one person's opinion. Good luck, either way.

QualityMowingServices
02-17-2009, 11:47 PM
ok thanks for the suggestion

RGM
02-17-2009, 11:49 PM
I roll them up and stick them were ever i can on the front door. Color copy have worked better for me. You have to have permission from shopping center mall etc. to place flyer's.

birtchetg
02-18-2009, 12:03 AM
On probably 95 percent of houses we put them in the unsealed crack of the trim on the garage door. Some houses have that piece caulked but most do not. The first thing they see when they get home is your flyer poking out to say hello. Its faster than walking around to a front door. You dont want to put them in the garage door itself though because obviously if they open the door you lose your flyer before they see it and then its trash on the ground.
As for windshields in lots, I never look at flyers some one puts on my car in a lot. Immediate trash. Not to mention you dont know what kind of residence you are targeting, or where the car/driver is actually from when you put them on random cars in a lot. I would think you would end up wasting most if not all of your flyers.

jhastrello
02-18-2009, 10:13 AM
The other thing with windshields in lots is that you have NO IDEA where that person lives (house, apartment, trailer, area of town, etc.). I'm like almost everyone else - windshield material goes in the round can.

Another thing you 'might' want to consider (read here) - make a donation to a Boy Scout troop, and have them deliver them to door's and such on a Saturday morning.

But by all means, stay away from the mailboxes or you are going to get a visit from the 'federal folks'.