PDA

View Full Version : Buying a ZTR?

carolinaborn82
02-17-2009, 10:19 PM
I have a regular lawn tractor that I do my yards with. Should I envest in a ZTR for this year. I hear they pay for themselves quickly. I have an encore full service dealer in my town and I know the owner well. Is that something I should look into?

lawnpro724
02-17-2009, 11:05 PM
A good Ztr will cut your mowing time in half if not more over a conventional lawn tractor. Do you need a Ztr ? Do you have the account to justify the cost of a new ztr? From what I have read on this site Encore seem to make a decent mower for a reasonable price. Use the search feature on this site and search Encore mowers for more information.

4.3mudder
02-17-2009, 11:31 PM
A good Ztr will cut your mowing time in half if not more over a conventional lawn tractor. Do you need a Ztr ? Do you have the account to justify the cost of a new ztr? From what I have read on this site Encore seem to make a decent mower for a reasonable price. Use the search feature on this site and search Encore mowers for more information.

I second that. If you have enough accounts to need a ZTR go for it. You will be impressed with whatever you get. Mowing time down profit up. You won't be disappointed. There are also many other good brand names to choose from. Also, if you don't have a whole lot of accounts to use it, and don't want to pay a whole lot, but you really want to get a ZTR, you can always look at the residential models that the commerical comanpanies sell, there are a few that offer them: Toro, Exmark, Gravely, Cub Cadet, ect.

DLAWNS
02-17-2009, 11:34 PM
If you feel that you have enough work to justify it, then it is so worth it. I prefer Toro and Exmark personally. If you want to spend less money maybe you might want to look into walk behinds.

bohiaa
02-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Production, production and production....

I think 50% is a little low. more like 70 is a better number

signature lawns
03-04-2009, 05:30 PM
If you have an eXmark dealer nearby I would go that route...you won't be

dissappointed, they give a great cut and "stripe" really good. The bottom line is any

commercial mower will do a great job, but you have to have a good rapport with your

dealer along with good dealer support. :)

jhastrello
03-04-2009, 05:58 PM
I have a walk behind ZTR with a sulkey. I really wanted a rider, but quickly realized that I didn't have a need for a higher dollar unit (I got my Viking on EBay for a song - and am wonderfully satisfied with it).

If you buy a ZTR, things to consider are:

Deck Size - where will it be used MOST of the time.
Rider or Walker - again time a big factor, but also weight. The riders put much more weight on the lawn and you can really tear up a lawn quickly if not careful. Also, riders are more limited than walk behinds on slopes.
New or Used - I looked and looked, and got a great deal on my Viking. All I NEED for now.

Hope this helps.

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
03-04-2009, 06:52 PM
If you buy a ZTR, things to consider are:

Deck Size - where will it be used MOST of the time.
Rider or Walker - again time a big factor, but also weight. The riders put much more weight on the lawn and you can really tear up a lawn quickly if not careful. Also, riders are more limited than walk behinds on slopes.
New or Used also think of any obstruction in yard ie tree, beds,etc.
also make sure if they have gates on there yards that youu can make it through them.
a walk behind you can pick up cheaper then a rider.
just make sure what ever you buy you can justify it and know that you still can make money