PDA

View Full Version : Help me out please!!!

burge19
02-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Hey guys.. im new to the water features and absolutely love them.. My dad is in my business with me and he has done 1. i want to do one at my house to start out. If you guys could kinda set me in the right direction. Where to start? what kind of materials? maybe a short step by step process. It would be greatly appreciated

The Pondlady
02-18-2009, 12:28 AM
What type of ponds do you want to build?

What is your customer base like?

What is you knowledge base?

There are many professional products on the market, and no one manufacturer makes the right type of equipment for all customers. My suggestion is to find a trade association that helps educate the contractor no matter what the equipment.

Can anyone help him find a good "Neutral" trade association that helps educate contractors? I believe Xstream Aquatics mentioned one here somewhere.

burge19
02-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Im just trying to get a start as to all the materials i will need. and kind of a small step by step as to what to do. what steps go first. thanks

Venturewest
02-18-2009, 09:29 AM
There are a ton of youtube videos if you type in how to build a pond. They may not all be technically correct but you could learn all day and have a pretty good idea.

XStream Aquatics
02-18-2009, 10:43 AM
What type of ponds do you want to build?

What is your customer base like?

What is you knowledge base?

There are many professional products on the market, and no one manufacturer makes the right type of equipment for all customers. My suggestion is to find a trade association that helps educate the contractor no matter what the equipment.

Can anyone help him find a good "Neutral" trade association that helps educate contractors? I believe Xstream Aquatics mentioned one here somewhere.

Yeah the IPPCA is the place to go. Neutral is exactly right Pondlady. Come on guys check it out.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
02-18-2009, 05:26 PM
I learned as a kid damming up the creek in front of my house. No, seriously besides that I learned by watching Aquascapes build a pond dvds and attending build a pond day's. Check and see if your local pond supplier has any seminars and if your local stoneyard does any build days. We have one local yard that host a pond build class once a month. Also start searching the web for pictures as inspiration and ideas. Where are you located at? You might be in a location that has nice rocks in your local creeks. Around here we just have limestone which you do not want.

burge19
02-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Im in battle creek michigan..thanks for the input guys

tombo82685
02-24-2009, 07:17 PM
do you want to go preformed or liner? what mil thickness liner do you want? WHat size pond are you shooting for?

The Elements Group
02-24-2009, 09:06 PM
where do you spend yuour time while at home relaxing? what is the terrain like? go from there.......post some pics this will help good luck...