PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Lightfair?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-18-2009, 01:20 PM
So, who here is planning on attending Lightfair, to be held in NY NY, May 4th to May 7th.

I am considering going, probably bringing my Wife along and make it into a mini-vacation too.

I have only attended LF in Vegas a couple of times, so don't know what to expect out of the NY venue.

Frog Lights, LLC
02-18-2009, 02:47 PM
I'll be there. I would like to meet you. There was really not too much there in the past.

Tomwilllight
02-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Not too much at Lightfair? There's more in landscape lighting that I can cover in two full days. That, of course, assumes I take some time to look at product and learn about what is new.

Tom

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-18-2009, 07:08 PM
At the Vegas venue I have found that a good solid day for the trade show is usually adequate. The first time I attended I booked in for 4 days thinking this was a monster size event... boy was I ever bored after day 2! LOL Live and Learn.

I am also planning to attend the lighting show in Hong Kong this coming October. I understand that one is gigantic.

Tom, have you been to the NY version of Lightfair? Is it similar in size & scope as the Vegas version?

Regards.

BrandonV
02-18-2009, 07:38 PM
At the Vegas venue I have found that a good solid day for the trade show is usually adequate. The first time I attended I booked in for 4 days thinking this was a monster size event... boy was I ever bored after day 2! LOL Live and Learn.

I am also planning to attend the lighting show in Hong Kong this coming October. I understand that one is gigantic.

Tom, have you been to the NY version of Lightfair? Is it similar in size & scope as the Vegas version?

Regards.

could you post some info on that, my wife is from Hong Kong... would like to go visit her grandmother this year, might tie in some business expense with the trip:drinkup:

S&MLL
02-18-2009, 10:36 PM
I will be there this year. I think you can cover the ground in 1 day. But it is nyc so im sure you can fill up a few days for vacation....... plus Im about 45 minutes from nyc. I will have a spade shovel and pair of gloves waiting for you.

Tomwilllight
02-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Here's the link to Lightfair. All answers to your questions are there.

http://www.lightfair.com/lightfair/V40/

Tom

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Thanks Tom, I know where to find the Lightfair website, I was more hoping for your opinion & review of the NY venue and size as compared to the Vegas version.

Regards.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-19-2009, 12:05 AM
could you post some info on that, my wife is from Hong Kong... would like to go visit her grandmother this year, might tie in some business expense with the trip:drinkup:

Here you go:

http://hklightingfairae.hktdc.com/glance/glance.htm

Tomwilllight
02-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't attend the Vegas fair anymore.

I've heard the NYC fair called the "working" fair and Las Vegas called the "party" fair.

As for the relative size and scope, if the Prospectus is accurate, each fair has been larger than the last since 2004. I expect the current economic climate will impact this year's fair. If I have to guess, I'd expect the growth to be flat, at best.

It will be interesting to see who is NOT there, but you can get that on the web site.

Tom