PDA

View Full Version : Updates to Lawn Solutions WB Aerator

LawnSolutionsCP
02-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Due to comments from customers on Lawn Site we have made a few changes to our new walk-behind aerators.

As requested we have made the following improvements to our new walk-behind aerators.

Speed: increase from 4MPH to 4.6MPH
Sulky: Yes, we have added the mounting for our sulky that is used on our seeders.

My question for LawnSite member.

Our current walk-behind seeder is 21" aerating with with 6 rows of tine w/ 3.5" spacing making it the closest (should be closest) tine pattern in the industry. With th tight spacing you would only need to make 1 pass over a lawn.

With our current speed and easy of maneuvering we can do 1/2 acre per hour, actually more, but don't want to overstate anything.

Is there a need for a 24.5" machine? We don't think so because our current 21" machine is already so quick and productive. Our current machine is also only 30.5" wide allowing it to fit through even 32" gates.

We have looked at making a 24.5" machine for another $500 cost but would lawnsite members be interested in a machine this size. I would expect most to go with the 21" machine or 28" ride-on.

Looking for input.

Thanks

David

jaybird24
02-18-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't think it would be worth the r&d you would have to put into it, and such. like you stated 21" is a good size for most applications, anything bigger people will probably want the ride on anyways. IMHO.

sclawndr
02-18-2009, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't bother if I were you. The whole point to a walk behind for me is to use it on spaces where I can't run my ride-on aerator. Your machine is perfect the way it is.

lovelawns42
02-19-2009, 07:51 AM
David,
When the aerator is turn off, are the wheels in neutral or are they locked up like the seeder? The reason why I ask is because I do some door to door aerations in the spring and would need a machine that I could push up and down the streets.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-19-2009, 09:55 AM
David,
When the aerator is turn off, are the wheels in neutral or are they locked up like the seeder? The reason why I ask is because I do some door to door aerations in the spring and would need a machine that I could push up and down the streets.

It rolls very easily.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-19-2009, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't bother if I were you. The whole point to a walk behind for me is to use it on spaces where I can't run my ride-on aerator. Your machine is perfect the way it is.

That is what we were thinking, but all the other manufacturers make a 24"-26" machine.

cod8825
02-19-2009, 09:31 PM
David:

I am young and full of energy and most of my yards that I do have large gates and such so I would be interested as it would allow me to do yards even faster. But that is my opinion.

Matt

modedicebox
02-19-2009, 09:48 PM
If you have the 21 and ride on in you arsonal, man your productivity and profits would skyrocket. Especially being a solo or 2 man operation. Comparing the productivity to using a monster lesco unit all day, your beat.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I LIKE THE IDEA OF Fitting through the small gate so i would buy the small machine
and you said the sulky will fit it now so why not ride also

grass4gas
02-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Are you going to be in the Delaware area anytime this spring? I would love to demo either one but mostly interested in the ride on. I know there are a few other guys on this site that work in the area that have requested a demo.

sclawndr
02-20-2009, 08:24 AM
That is what we were thinking, but all the other manufacturers make a 24"-26" machine.

Yes, but you have a very nice stand-on unit at a great price for bigger yards. If it's a simple matter for you, I guess you may as well. But otherwise, I'd skip it. I used a big Lesco (made by Classen) split drive and although it covered a lot of ground, it wasn't more productive because it was a beast to maneuver and wore me out. At the end of the day, walking is walking. I'll take your smaller unit any time.