PDA

View Full Version : Lesco jumps on board

Keegan
02-18-2009, 05:15 PM
I was at my local Lesco yesterday and the manager showed me compost tea they now carry made by Sustaine. It's a 21 gram tea bag you put into a watering can. lmao:laugh::laughing:

it's made from composted turkey litter and potassium sufate. that's it!!

50 bags for $70

DUSTYCEDAR
02-18-2009, 05:33 PM
WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT
I BEEN DOIN IT ALL WRONG I NEED A TEA BAG:confused:

hunter
02-18-2009, 07:21 PM
You still have Lesco's?

JDUtah
02-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Our Lesco moved into the JDL shop. Service is proving to SUCK so far this winter/spring.

Keegan
02-18-2009, 08:36 PM
You still have Lesco's?

sorry John Deere. same location and same guys

treegal1
02-18-2009, 08:57 PM
:laugh:tea bagged by lesco.:laugh:

hotshot4819
02-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Lesco, is a great part of my business on the hydroseeding end. I have dealt with a couple Locations other then my local lesco and they wernt that great, but my local guy is awsome. I think it all has to do with the manager of that store.

Smallaxe
02-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Niether Sustaine nor Lesco's are interested in organics anymore than TGCL.
They want to be relevant, and continue gaining income, is all.

How many people will buy into it? Lots.

hotshot4819
02-19-2009, 04:05 PM
SmallAxe,
Actually, i Have heard from a very reliable source, that True Green And ChemLawn, are trying to get into the organic field as fast as possible.
I cant tell how i have heard, but the source is more then trust worthy.

phasthound
02-19-2009, 04:47 PM
SmallAxe,
Actually, i Have heard from a very reliable source, that True Green And ChemLawn, are trying to get into the organic field as fast as possible.

In 2007, their goal was to have 5% of their clients in 2 or 3 regions by spring 2009 on some kind of organic program.

ICT Bill
02-20-2009, 09:06 AM
I was at my local Lesco yesterday and the manager showed me compost tea they now carry made by Sustaine. It's a 21 gram tea bag you put into a watering can. lmao:laugh::laughing:

it's made from composted turkey litter and potassium sufate. that's it!!

50 bags for $70

What is it called? Some how i don't see a lawn companies walking sites with watering cans, a little time consuming to say the least
was it the stamford store?

treegal1
02-20-2009, 09:12 AM
37 pounds of compost for 70$, i need to change my marketing, that's like 3700$ for one ton of compost. one day maybe.................

Kiril
02-20-2009, 12:32 PM

wonders how many people even got that? :laugh::laugh:

Smallaxe
02-20-2009, 01:12 PM
SmallAxe,

They are already advertising as such in our area. There is organics and then there is organics. They will continue to put down way too much ferts that wash away in most cases in order to keep the cash flow. There product list is what I would like to see. :)

NINER
02-26-2009, 08:48 PM
so if you can use the products like sustain with a good fert progam in place along with an IPM method just starting out learning about organics and how to get by without chemicals can it work? i mean just to land a couple of accounts to get started in the right direction?

Smallaxe
02-27-2009, 10:16 AM
so if you can use the products like sustain with a good fert progam in place along with an IPM method just starting out learning about organics and how to get by without chemicals can it work? i mean just to land a couple of accounts to get started in the right direction?

If you want to call 'Sustane' organic, then I suppose you can. Spot treating weeds goes a long way to bridge the gap between synthetic and organic.
Overseed rather than pre-M every year is also good idea.

What is an "IPM" method?

ICT Bill
03-01-2009, 12:12 PM

Sustain is a turkey manure product with NPK wrapped in it, it is considered "organic based" but would not qualify for organic crop production. It is a good start if you are trying to expand your business model

Stick around here and lets beat the subject up and find a plan for your company

Keegan
03-11-2009, 03:24 PM
What is it called? Some how i don't see a lawn companies walking sites with watering cans, a little time consuming to say the least
was it the stamford store?

It's called Sustaine 4-6-4 Compost Tea bag "For use as compost tea or 4 month root zone feeder packs"
It's literally a tea bag without the little string. :laughing:
Not the Stamford store

heritage
03-12-2009, 03:33 AM

OUCH.

Better wear your "Cup" next time all you guys :)

Ha Ha,

Pete

blz
10-27-2009, 04:57 PM
I have also come across the Sustane 4-6-4 Compost Teabags at a LESCO/JDL store but the price was only $90 for a case of 5 bags of 50. That's 250 teabags for $90 or $0.36 per teabag. Turns out to be a cheaper application than Miracle Gro and it worked better! The product is listed by OMRI for organic production but in the tea form it provided significant plant response much faster than your typical slow release organic fertilizer. This is because the microbial activity in the "tea" is suppossed to solubilize the nutrients and make them plant available. I use the tea from a water can on house plants and make a large batch in a 55 gallon drum for lawn & garden applications. I use teabags for 50 gallons of water (1 teabag for every 5 gallons of water).

The "tea brew" also had incredible disease suppression properties. I was able to elimate the blight from my tomatoes and i use it to spot treat disease on lawns I manage.

The Sustane 4-6-4 compost teabags are also available on ebay and have been going for $25 per 50 pack bag with free shipping.

JDUtah
10-27-2009, 05:52 PM
What is SOM? I might want some why?

Grohorganic
10-27-2009, 06:45 PM
to bad you have never seen what real ACT or LCE do in the field, then you would feel as riped off as it gets. get a Tim brewer or another brewer and really see some great results that are truly sustainable, not just a name.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeepGreenLawn
10-31-2009, 10:38 PM
One of the original posts said that TruGreen wanted 5% of their customers on some sort of organic program. Any thoughts on where that might be now a few years later? I have heard from MANY trugreen employees, more higher up types, that they just use it for marketing and have no desire to go anywhere near organics.

phasthound
11-01-2009, 03:23 PM
One of the original posts said that TruGreen wanted 5% of their customers on some sort of organic program. Any thoughts on where that might be now a few years later? I have heard from MANY trugreen employees, more higher up types, that they just use it for marketing and have no desire to go anywhere near organics.

I'll just say that the VP of TG's parent company who I was dealing with a couple of years ago recently made a statement for a major industry publication that TG makes sure that clients who ask for organic services are aware that they must lower their expectations.

ICT Bill
11-01-2009, 11:32 PM
i'll just say that the vp of tg's parent company who i was dealing with a couple of years ago recently made a statement for a major industry publication that tg makes sure that clients who ask for organic services are aware that they must lower their expectations.

bonus, opportunity !!!!

ted putnam
11-02-2009, 12:37 AM
I'll just say that the VP of TG's parent company who I was dealing with a couple of years ago recently made a statement for a major industry publication that TG makes sure that clients who ask for organic services are aware that they must lower their expectations.

I'm confused Barry:confused: Does the customer need to lower expectations because of the use of Organic principles or because they are dealing with TG?:laugh::laugh: