PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

newbiex88
02-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I'm not a hardcore lawncare business man or anything like that, I'm a college student. Basically, after tiring of mindless crappy summer jobs like fast food restaurants, grocery stores, retail, etc., I refuse to do that this summer. And, after having mowed a few lawns many summers ago in the past, I think I've realized that starting my own one-man small-time lawn care business this summer is the way to go. It's nice being outside all day, making my own hours, etc. The problem is, I don't really know where to start. I have my own gasoline powered lawn mower and weed eater (which I use to double as an edger). I don't suppose you guys could give me some tips? I'm not sure how many lawns I should do, I'm thinking 10-15 a week. How much should I charge? Any mowing tips I should be aware of? I'm not completely inexperienced, like I said, I have mowed lawns a few times in the past.

Anyways, that's pretty much it, just looking for some tips on how I should get started. I enjoy mowing lawns occassionally, and figured it'd be a pretty good way to make some money this summer (beats standing at a cash register all weekend long, that's for sure).

Thanks for your input.

Lucky Star Lawn Care
02-19-2009, 02:21 AM
ok...first you need to get the word out there on what your doing...Fliers are a good start. Best place to go is around your house ths way you can advoid needing a truck/trailer (not sure how old you are) Make sure you equipment is maintained regularly might want to pick up backups if you can afford and also get a gas blower. Pricing can have a big range $25 seems to be a good starting price for yards you will probably be doing. Well theres a little bit for you Im sure others will chime in. Good Luck!