PDA

View Full Version : leather or cloth

grass1
03-07-2002, 07:47 PM
:confused: :confused: Im getting ready to buy a 02 chevy 2500 ext. cab and cant decide wether to get leather or cloth what would be better?? It is going to be a work truck with at least 5 guys. All your thoughts would be very much appreciated thanks

Green Care
03-07-2002, 08:22 PM
If its just for work only cloth.

Personal use that's something else.

03-07-2002, 08:43 PM
Just want to make sure - is it real leather you're referring to or vinyl? (I'm not too familiar with new trucks - w-a-y out of my price range!)

If it is real leather, then I'm in agreement with Lawnzzz on going with cloth.

If it's vinyl as opposed to cloth, then I'd say go with vinyl since it'll be easier to keep clean than cloth and won't hold as much dust.

On the same topic, if possible - no carpet! For a work truck, rubber floor mat is much easier to keep clean and again, not as much of a dust collector.

skyphoto
03-07-2002, 08:55 PM
My vote is leather.....Heck of alot easier to keep clean.... Just my .02!
Good luck on the new truck whatever ya decide!!:D

stslawncare
03-07-2002, 09:04 PM
vinyl would be my top choice for a work truck, its so easy to clean, heck if ur careful can even hose it out! easy to wipe clean and everything, second choice would be leather.

Randy Scott
03-07-2002, 10:45 PM
Well, leather in todays trucks are only available in the fully loaded vehicles. Vinyl is available in the work truck series. There's about a 7 to 10 grand spread between the top and the bottom. Cloth falls in between there.You better decide what you can afford and want to spend to have 5 sweaty, stinky guys getting in the truck every day. :)

HOMER
03-08-2002, 07:14 AM
Ya...................cloth will not only hold more dust.................it holds more "stank" too!

If you intend to haul other folks in the truck get vinyl seats or put some covers on them.

Ground Master
03-08-2002, 10:08 AM
leather-----expensive, hot in summer, cold in winter
vinyl----hot in summer, cracks can develop

whatever you get, just put on some cheap seat covers......

TLC Lawn And Landscape
03-17-2002, 02:25 PM
Go with leather. No dust, easy claening and won't crack like vinyl would. If your worried about heat, buy some seat covers for the real hot days.

mdb landscaping
03-17-2002, 08:12 PM
im a big chevy fan, but their leather in their trucks is not very good. in 2001 they switched to a different leather manufacturer i think. i ordered cloth in my 2002 2500HD and so far so good. as far as cloth holding the stank in, just wash your truck often and you shouldnt have a problem. i usually have mine professionally detailed once a year, and that includes shampooing the seats. that way no stank develops.:D

Boomhauer
04-03-2002, 02:44 PM
depends on your budget:

Low= cloth and seat covers

Med. to High= Leather

Ease to clean should be about the same but seat covers sometimes look gaudy. Just my opinion.

landscaper3
04-03-2002, 08:48 PM
Leather will be easier to remove most stains then cloth but I like cloth better! Hate getting into a leather seat truck thats been sitting in the hot July heat and also getting in the truck on that snowy 22" December day thats 10below. We detail all our trucks 2-3 times a year so we DONT have or will have a smell problem like someone mentioned. My vote CLOTH!!!!!!!!! OH forgot CHEAPER TO REPAIR!!!!!!!!