PDA

View Full Version : question for the pros

ashs inc
02-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Hello all. Quick question for the pros. I have a chance to bid on a spray project at 400 pipe line crossings. I have to spray around 6 signs 15 foot radius at each crossing with nonselect herbicides. what would you charge per stop? I have a number in my head. I dont know who else to ask Thanks in advance.

NEIL

americanlawn
02-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Is this 400 locations? Sahara is a good product that doesn't leach as much. Prob is all soil sterilents (even Sahara) can kill trees,etc by entering into the root system.

Here's just a guess. $30 per stop if they're close. If they're far away .....maybe fifty bucks each? (drive time) Or maybe more?? Nobody else posted, so these are my 2 cents worth.

=ashs inc;2783232]Hello all. Quick question for the pros. I have a chance to bid on a spray project at 400 pipe line crossings. I have to spray around 6 signs 15 foot radius at each crossing with nonselect herbicides. what would you charge per stop? I have a number in my head. I dont know who else to ask Thanks in advance.

NEIL[/QUOTE]

VARMIT COMMISSION
02-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Is there really 400 pipes crossing each other? Is it above or below the ground? How big are the pipes?

ashs inc
02-23-2009, 10:22 PM
no its a nautral gas pipe line. it crosses in a straight line but you have 400 stops. with 6 spots to spray.

Grandview
02-23-2009, 11:28 PM
That is a tough. I am not clear what you have. I would just make sure you profit margin is just as high as you would make doing other spraying. Make sure you get paid well for your time. Also are you certified? In Wisconsin we would need a Right of Way certification.

tombo82685
02-24-2009, 12:13 AM
I would make sure you throw in the price of gas, manual labor, and throw some additional wages for the herbicide you are using if its not an store shelved one. What type of herbicide are you using? Confront? roundup? trimec?