PDA

View Full Version : Advice from Applicators in Virginia and Beyond

dgreen67
02-19-2009, 01:05 PM
I am studying the manual in preparation for the exam (designation -3B Turf) for getting my license. I am mainly wanting to only treat beds and use herbicides on sidewalks, etc., however, I am trying to do things legally :)

My question is, with the manual being quite extensive (with really good information I will add) and in depth at times, what can I be prepared to face in the examination? Not sure what to focus most of my efforts in studying.

I would appreciate any input. By the way, is it multiple choice?

Thanks
Dan

ProLawns
02-19-2009, 03:23 PM
It's been about ten years since I took the exam so I only remember a few of the questions. Some were about PPE (personal protective equipment), signal words, calculating active ingredient, IPM (integrated pest management), grubs, safety, drift and runoff and others. I studied the manuals but not really that much and passed it the first time. A lot of the questions you can figure out with common sense. Hope this helps and good luck.

dgreen67
02-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks for your input. Do you still have an active license? If so, do you have continuing education classes every year?

Lawn-Guy
02-23-2009, 02:10 AM
pretty much everything on test is common sence there really strict on the ppe just rember never spray when windy or rain is forcasted alwas were pants l sleeve shirt respirator and hat with boots

dKoester
02-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Take good records after you get your liscense.

dgreen67
02-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the reply. The study manual has a tremendous amount of information, so I was overwhelmed.

thanks again