PDA

View Full Version : Pro lockers and permagreen spreader

turf&tree
02-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Does anyone use a prolocker with their permagreen spreader? The boys from JDL sold me one to use. It looks big enough, but the plastic guards on the spreader look like they might interfear or get damaged. Because of the volume of bagged goods I carry I have to use a trailer to carry everything. I cannot use the hitch carrier.

sclawndr
02-20-2009, 07:16 AM
I've used one. It's a snug fit but it works really well. Much easier to use than ratchet straps. It's DOT legal and totally secure.

turf&tree
02-20-2009, 08:14 AM
So you have used it on a Permagreen ?

sclawndr
02-20-2009, 08:36 PM
So you have used it on a Permagreen ?

Yep. Like I said, it's a snug fit because the PG wheel is very close to the frame and the Pro Locker has to slide in between. But it's a great device that saves a lot of time while still being very safe. Only need it on one wheel by the way.

turf&tree
02-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Cool, thanks. I will go ahead and mount it to the trailer. I like the fact that it slides off easily.
Have a great day!

Jason Rose
02-20-2009, 09:14 PM
My only concern, and perhaps it's unfounded, is that holding the permagreen by one drive wheel could allow it to tip forward if there's fert in the hopper and you have to stop quick. Would you need to secure the platform to prevent this from hapening?

Just wondering...

I have a couple fast straps and have thought about using them with the PG as well, but the threat of the machine going over forwards concerned me. Granted it would take a sudden stop for something like that to happen, I'd guess. For now I've been using rope ratchets. to secure it on both sides, and have 2x4's screwed to the trailer to cradle the drive tires. Seems to work well for me.

Also, if anyone else is looking for the pro lockers, good luck... I think the company went out of business a couple years ago. I guess your JDL just had one from then.

VARMIT COMMISSION
02-20-2009, 10:33 PM
I welded an I bolt to the center of the platform. On the top of the square tubing to keep it from tipping forwards. Also welded one on each side under the tank. And one on each side of the front square tubing just above the spray tips. It is real over kill but, our country roads are rough and my trailer will actually bounce completely off the road at times. I am going to look into the wheel locks it may be faster and eliminate a strap or two.

AmsoilPower
02-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Also, if anyone else is looking for the pro lockers, good luck... I think the company went out of business a couple years ago. I guess your JDL just had one from then.

I have access to them w/ no problems. In fact I'm gonna be stuck with 2 of them it looks like when they arrive w/ my spring order. Someone backed out after I ordered them. If anyone is interested PM for a good deal.

shovelracer
02-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Not trying to start the fastrap prolocker conversation for the 100th time, but I use the faststraps on mine. Works fine, but they must be locked properly. I have had a them snap open a few times when my less than concerned former employees were tying up the mowers. Ive never had one I did pop though. I have thought about the tipping issue, but its hasnt happened yet. Dont think it would matter which one you used its could happen to both. If you ran an eye bolt under the platform and ran a chain and clip to the trailer floor it would solve that and be quick enough to do.