PDA

View Full Version : Minty Fresh Tank Additive

n-green
02-19-2009, 05:42 PM
I recall a thread that discussed an additive that masks chemical smells. I did a search with no results. Does anyone know of such a thing? Thanks!

daveyo
02-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Here you go Odor-Scent:

http://www.4caf.com/

lawntennis
02-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I just ordered a gallon today based on recommendations by Runner. I'm anxious to give it a try this spring. My wife hates the smell of 3-way.

turf hokie
02-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Try "Hawkeye" from JDL, masking agent as well as spreader

Jason Rose
02-19-2009, 07:46 PM
I have used a spreader/sticker that Lesco/JDL sells called Hawkeye. It has the MINT sent to it as well, and a little of it goes a long way. It's pricey, but if you are using a ULV sprayer it's not too bad.

I'll look at the link above in a sec. I know the chemicals stink, and it gives the industry a bad rap when they do. Personally I like the scent of 3-way on a spring evening, lol. I've had a couple "scared of anything chemical" type customers that say just the smell of a chemical like 3-way makes them ill. I'm sure even if it smelled like a mentos factory they would still see it coming out of a sprayer and their BRAIN would make them think that they needed to feel sick...

Hokie, you posted while I was rambling... Glad someone else knows about the product.

phasthound
02-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I love the smell of Napalm in the Morning!!

David Hartzog
02-19-2009, 08:27 PM
I recall a thread that discussed an additive that masks chemical smells. I did a search with no results. Does anyone know of such a thing? Thanks!

Will it make my chemical taste better i tryed adding Gatorade but it got to expensive i just have to take a swig when i am working up a sweat.

n-green
02-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Thanks, it all smells like money to me!

Grassmechanic
02-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Klok (pronounced "cloak") is the one I used. Don't know if it is still available or not, but as been mentioned, there are others on the market.

RigglePLC
03-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Its easy--switch to Trimec 1000--its a low odor product. Water clear--purified.
THEN: tell us how you like it. If you ask your customers--can they smell it after treatment?
http://www.gordonsprofessional.com/pdfs/Trimec1000-PIS.pdf

I used to use Lesco Eliminate. Almost no odor.
Other companies make low-odor herbicides.