PDA

View Full Version : Weed Man?

boats47
02-19-2009, 07:30 PM
So my boss is toying with the thought of switching our fertilization progrma to the Weed Man. I won't say my peace yet, but I would like to know who out there knows anything about this company? Has anyone switched to this company from there own in house company? DO you use there products and are they any good, as compared to say Lesco?

Boats

Ducke
02-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Well I guess I may be a little bias on this topic .
I have been with WEEDMAN:canadaflag: for three years now.
The franchise I work for has 10 branches.
We do a lot of Fertilization and Weed Control for the local landscapers.
I personally do several very large lawns Just 2 ferts and 2 Weed a year.
They seem to like the service that we give them and it lets them concentrate on other aspects of their company .
Now with that said I can not speak for the local branch of WEEDMAN in your area as I don't know the owners or the Techs.
But think there would be no Spreaders or Fertilizer to buy less gas spent in travel and no need to store fertilizer in a dry shop area.

NattyLawn
02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I looked into the Weedman when they first came out. I thought they had a great name for a lawn care company and they seemed to be a step up from TGCL. I also thought they were an all liquid company, but I see them all over with PG's and spreaders. I don't stop at Lesco/JDL often, but when I do they always seem to be there. Our local Weed Man uses Lesco ferts...

PSUTURFGEEK
02-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Another cool thing about Weedman is the products they use actually control the pests they are going after.

Ric
02-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Yo

IMHO It doesn't matter what company you use, It is the Skill and Concern of the Tech doing the work that matters. Now some companies are better at hiring or training their techs than others. Take TG/CL while I have actually seen a few good techs, for the most part they change help like they change pants. Most of their help doesn't stay long enough to even begin the learning curve.

But back to the training and concern element. In order to train someone correctly, you must know your stuff and care. I don't think it is hard to pick out members here that are real sharp to real Newbies or dull. The Sharp ones are able to train good techs while the Newbies and dull are not. Doesn't matter how many years of experience they have so much as how sharp they are. I have seen posts by those claiming to have 30 years experience ask questions a newbie knows the answers too.

boats47
02-21-2009, 06:07 PM
So, I guess from what gather it seems like it could be worth it. I am hesitent to take what I have built and switch names to another company, assuming that I would be able to keep my clients (why not $). I suppose they would have to offer me some cash for my clients. Any other thoughts on this would be great, esp. if you know how owning a chain works?