PDA

View Full Version : mower ban

cmower
02-20-2009, 12:26 AM
I thought gpdesign1 was bullshatn about pelosi trying to ban gas powered mowers, but according to some states in may be true. go to the ferris website and look at their new line of mowers and read the article. they have a propane powered mower for states that restrict gas powered machines after 1pm on certain days.somthing new to me.

MileHigh
02-20-2009, 12:41 AM
O man...this is some bad news.

daveyo
02-20-2009, 12:56 AM
This is on Ozone action days and it is only voluntary to do so. read up on Ozone action days.

Exact Rototilling
02-20-2009, 01:34 AM
ready :cool2:

Lucky Star Lawn Care
02-20-2009, 01:36 AM
F that!! :gunsfirin

D-Gul
02-20-2009, 08:58 AM
thats a lot of snow there

Oldtimer
02-21-2009, 04:19 PM
You may not like LP power mowers but they allow LCOs to mow during the times of days when gas powered equipment is not allowed. I have LP powered Z mowers in stock at my dealership.

Oldtimer

daveyo
02-21-2009, 04:21 PM
You may not like LP power mowers but they allow LCOs to mow during the times of days when gas powered equipment is not allowed. I have LP powered Z mowers in stock at my dealership.

Oldtimer

No LCO in his right mind would mow with that, lets not get carried away here there's no ban on mowers.

ed2hess
02-21-2009, 05:11 PM
No LCO in his right mind would mow with that, lets not get carried away here there's no ban on mowers.

Better be careful what you say isn't that guy in VP position in Washington from somewhere near your area? He might want to clean things up in his area by giving them a bunch of money under some clean up the air hand out.

mowerbrad
02-21-2009, 05:37 PM
At this point, there is no really good alternative to gas powered mowers. Yes there are propane mowers, but the availability of it is no where near the availability of gas/diesel. Exlectric lawn mowers have a very long way to come before any commercial LCO would consider purchasing one. At this time gas/diesel mowers are the only choice for fuels, unless you want to have the headache of running a propane mower.

Oldtimer
02-21-2009, 05:44 PM

Remember this quote 5 years from now.

LP gas or compressed natual gas will be in use so get ready.

www.envirogard.com
www.phill.com

oldtimer

traman
02-21-2009, 07:22 PM
for the life of me , i cant believe there hasn't been a hybrid type mower built yet .seriously the technology has been around for decades .look at all the locomotive trains ,all have diesel over electric traction motors. when they put the brakes on all that extra energy goes back to battery's and then gets used up when they throttle back up. the same thing can be used for mowers with probably using a 10hp engine and electric drive motors. yes it will cost more but if we have been doing it for the last 15 years,or when ever z'ss first came out, it probably wouldn't be so bad now.

Oldtimer
02-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Diesel Progress North American Edition , Oct, 2008

As more cities ban the use of gasoline-powered commercial lawn mowers for "Ozone Action Days," manufacturers such as Ferris Industries are offering an alternative mowing option. Its new IS3100ZP zero-turn commercial mower operates off propane, providing a 30% reduction in smog-forming emissions, the company said.

"We are very pleased to be offering a Ferris commercial mower that utilizes alternative fuel," said Bill Shea, vice president of commercial sales for Briggs & Stratton Yard Power Products Group. "Operators now have the best of both worlds, a mower that is comfortable and productive while being better for the environment."

The new LP mower is available in two models, the IS3100ZPBV3261 and IS3100ZPBV3272, with 61 and 72 in. cutting decks, respectively. Both mowers are powered by an 895 cc Briggs & Stratton Vanguard Big Block V-twin engine, certified to meet EPA and CARB 2012 emissions regulations, Ferris said.

Tyler7692
02-22-2009, 02:36 AM
Great, just what we need. More government intervention in the markets. Just what caused our current financial problems (Along with raging gluttonous consumption and the Federal Reserve). RON PAUL 2012!

chrisduryea
02-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Bad Boy Mowers also offer a Propane series.

http://www.badboymowers.com/view/266

"We're creating a powerful alternative for the lawn care industry. with an 80% reduction in emissions and 60% less smog forming emissions producing a higher octane rating, our propane powered Lightning not only continues to be one of the hardest working mowers available, it's also one of the cleanest running, with extended engine life and reduced maintenance. So if you're looking for an alternative fuel powered zero-turn mower, our Propane Lightning is fuel for thought."

They only have the 60" lightning model listed. But as the decks are all interchangeable then the 52", 60" and 72" should be available.

Cheers Chris

mason dude
02-22-2009, 01:30 PM
does anyone know the math on how many hours per pound of lp ?? and the cost ?? I know it would vary by user and area of the country, but compared to gas/diesel. and would you just be on some gas companys route to drop off full tanks and pickup emptys once you figured out how many tanks a week you need, kinda like places that run forklifts ?,, also does propane make an engine last longer or not ? I aint sayin support this , I'm just open mindedly curious