PDA

View Full Version : **04 f250**

Lucky Star Lawn Care
02-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Was wondering if anyone knows the pros and cons between the EGR Cooler Delete vs. EGR Cooler block off kit?? Besides the prices being $150 and the other $650 and I know one deletes everything and the other blocks it off and redirects it. It is the 6.0l Turbo Diesel THANKS :confused:

Gravel Rat
02-20-2009, 01:08 AM
The cheapest option is the block off plate. You can buy a modified down pipe some do the mod themselves. On my 03 F-450 its all stock I never did get the nerve to do the mod or eliminate any of the emmissions crap.

The truck runs good knock on wood I don't want to jinx it :laugh:

Lucky Star Lawn Care
02-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Yeah the only reason Im messing with it is because my EGR cooler hose started leaking (right after warranty expired of course) And I did some research and saw a bunch of problems with the EGr system so I am just trying to advoid future problems

Gravel Rat
02-20-2009, 01:50 AM
If you really want the reliability is get the upgraded head gaskets and studs. Eliminate the egr system which ends up giving you turbo problems. The 6.0 is a good engine with some reliabity mods. Ya people say nothing can beat the 7.3 but it will never come close to what the 6.0 can make for power.

With a mild tuner the 6.0 can become a real tire melter.

Some think this guy is bad but I don't know I watched his vids I learned allot.

www.youtube.com/profile?user=powerstrokehelp&view=videos

Lucky Star Lawn Care
02-20-2009, 02:06 AM
I think that would be more than I really wanting to do right now but like you said will do the job for sure. I am looking into the Edge attitude with juice and looking for some exhaust straight pipe turbo back no cat with muffler option so I can put it off and on if needed.

TXNSLighting
02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
just do the blocker, that is whats recommended by alot of 04 6.0 owners. goto www.ford-trucks.com. They have right ups on how to do this and the easiest cheapest way. Good luck!

nosparkplugs
02-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Was wondering if anyone knows the pros and cons between the EGR Cooler Delete vs. EGR Cooler block off kit?? Besides the prices being $150 and the other $650 and I know one deletes everything and the other blocks it off and redirects it. It is the 6.0l Turbo Diesel THANKS :confused:

Specializes in 6.0L Delete's, and weakness corrections.

http://www.liberatorperformance.net/

DUSTYCEDAR
02-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Cool link thanks