PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use hydro rain blue lock

thelawnkid
02-20-2009, 03:21 AM
I have seen it in magazines and what not and looks like it could be real nice to work with. All I have used in the past was pvc and poly pipe. I was just curious if it was in the same price range as everything else and if it is as easy to work with as it looks.

DanaMac
02-20-2009, 09:32 AM
I have seen it in magazines and what not and looks like it could be real nice to work with. All I have used in the past was pvc and poly pipe. I was just curious if it was in the same price range as everything else and if it is as easy to work with as it looks.

We received some of their swing pipe and swing fittings free a few years ago. I haven't used it on a customers home. But I did let one of my techs take it and use it on a system he put in for his parents. He liked it, and has had no problems. I did see it at DBC (local supplier) the other day, with fittings for 3/4" poly.

Waterit
02-20-2009, 10:09 AM
I'll take a glue-joint over a push-on (or even threaded) joint anyday.

Mike Leary
02-20-2009, 10:31 AM
My buddy Russ has been using them for a couple of years, likes them a lot, I'm indifferent. One drawback is you have to use their swing pipe, but for people with weak wrists working in the winter, they seem to be fine.

Mike Leary
02-20-2009, 10:31 AM
My buddy Russ has been using them for a couple of years, likes them a lot, I'm indifferent. One drawback is you have to use their swing pipe, but for people with
weak wrists working in the winter, they seem to be fine.

Mike Leary
02-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Oops.........

Wet_Boots
02-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Way to pad the stats, cactus boy! :rolleyes:

Mike Leary
02-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Way to pad the stats, cactus boy! :rolleyes:

Thought I could slip one through, should have known better. :hammerhead:

hoskm01
02-20-2009, 11:42 AM
We use them here, just the 1/2' swing pipe and fittings. Works great, no problems so far. It does save the wrists a little. A tad more pricey, but made up in labor.

They do have 3/4 and 1" out now, saw them last year at a show. Saw pics of manifolds in the stuff, I wouldnt go there.

Waterit
02-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Saw pics of manifolds in the stuff, I wouldnt go there.

Worked on a system last week that was manifolded with 1" PVC hose - the stuff pool guys use:hammerhead:

Mike Leary
02-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Worked on a system last week that was manifolded with 1" PVC hose - the stuff pool guys use:hammerhead:

That's nasty stuff!