PDA

View Full Version : Had to vent for a minute

Turfdoctor1
02-20-2009, 08:25 AM
I guess on days when I have a few things go wrong, I just notice everything. But this week has been a series of those days.

Yesterday, I got so mad. I was going to the bank (because it was 25 degrees outside and I wasn't spraying), leaving my house, my main competitor who has ~5000 accounts was out spraying in my neighborhood. Spraying at those temperatures is their decision, I guess. What I do have a problem with is the fact that this was the 2nd time this year that they have sprayed these accounts!!!!!!!

I talked to the applicator in my neighborhood on January 5th, made a note, and decided to see when they came back. They are completely screwing over these customers. I'm only half way through my Round 1, and guarantee my customers have cleaner lawns and have received the same amount of product as their customers have in two rounds. I'm going to talk to every one of my neighbors with their signage this weekend.

Beef #2, yesterday a customer of mine calls to tell me he wasn't able to make it home in time to put the dog up. So, if it was all right, I should just go in the back yard and kennel THE PIT BULL. Really? Seriously?

good day to all.

br549oicu8
02-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Use their stupidity to your advantage as far as the spraying.
The dog......you're on your own dude!!
LOL!!!!

ted putnam
02-20-2009, 09:25 AM
I guess on days when I have a few things go wrong, I just notice everything. But this week has been a series of those days.

Yesterday, I got so mad. I was going to the bank (because it was 25 degrees outside and I wasn't spraying), leaving my house, my main competitor who has ~5000 accounts was out spraying in my neighborhood. Spraying at those temperatures is their decision, I guess. What I do have a problem with is the fact that this was the 2nd time this year that they have sprayed these accounts!!!!!!!

I talked to the applicator in my neighborhood on January 5th, made a note, and decided to see when they came back. They are completely screwing over these customers. I'm only half way through my Round 1, and guarantee my customers have cleaner lawns and have received the same amount of product as their customers have in two rounds. I'm going to talk to every one of my neighbors with their signage this weekend.

Beef #2, yesterday a customer of mine calls to tell me he wasn't able to make it home in time to put the dog up. So, if it was all right, I should just go in the back yard and kennel THE PIT BULL. Really? Seriously?

good day to all.

If their initials are FL. Bring up the fact that they do 7 apps/year plus any extras they can talk people in to in their program when you are talking to potential customers. Have people compare apples to apples when talking price...

Ric
02-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Turf

The Green they produce is the Green Back Dollar and this just goes to show you how gullible the public is. Any Idiot can have professionals advertise for them Doing Direct Mail and TV Ads and build accounts. High pressure sales tactic are also part of that type of plan. In many cases they are Low ballers who's prices are so low they can't afford to use the right chemicals or keep good help.

This is typical of Corporate America who's total goal is "WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME". Screw the customer is the watch word of the day and they sleep good because they have no values other than money. I know some former TG/CL people who are now in business for themselves. Because of the High pressure sales training they have and poor technical knowledge, they copy the same crappie business model.

Kiril
02-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Turf

The Green they produce is the Green Back Dollar and this just goes to show you how gullible the public is. Any Idiot can have professionals advertise for them Doing Direct Mail and TV Ads and build accounts. High pressure sales tactic are also part of that type of plan. In many cases they are Low ballers who's prices are so low they can't afford to use the right chemicals or keep good help.

This is typical of Corporate America who's total goal is "WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME". Screw the customer is the watch word of the day and they sleep good because they have no values other than money. I know some former TG/CL people who are now in business for themselves. Because of the High pressure sales training they have and poor technical knowledge, they copy the same crappie business model.

You forgot screw the environment as well. :cry:

Ric
02-20-2009, 12:04 PM
You forgot screw the environment as well. :cry:

Kiril

I think it goes be on just screwing the environment as well. This attitude in general has shipped industry out of our country and stolen any value of fair play. Not unlike ancient Rome our society has become lazy and complacence. I am not going to type a novel here, but I could.

Kiril
02-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Kiril

I think it goes be on just screwing the environment as well. This attitude in general has shipped industry out of our country and stolen any value of fair play. Not unlike ancient Rome our society has become lazy and complacence. I am not going to type a novel here, but I could.

Can't agree more. If we look to history as an example, we are priming ourselves for the same fate as the Roman empire.

muddstopper
02-20-2009, 01:18 PM
We will never suffer the fate of the Romans. By 2012 we will be fighting WW3 over oil using nuclear weapons and bring humanity to the brink of, if not total extinction.

Have a nice Day:rolleyes:

Turfdoctor1
02-20-2009, 01:20 PM
If their initials are FL. Bring up the fact that they do 7 apps/year plus any extras they can talk people in to in their program when you are talking to potential customers. Have people compare apples to apples when talking price...

you hit the nail on the head, Ted.

The bad thing is that they do a very good job. They just show up twice as often as needed. Hard to convince people to switch service when their lawns look good.

I've already sent out letters, and going to send out postcards detailing the issues I have with their integrity--that they sell people stuff they don't need. I'm ready for a battle.

Kiril,

One area you are incorrect about...Water does not harm the environment. lol

Kiril
02-20-2009, 02:04 PM

I could beg to differ, but I won't.

JDUtah
02-20-2009, 02:12 PM
The bad thing is that they do a very good job. They just show up twice as often as needed. Hard to convince people to switch service when their lawns look good.

From an environmental standpoint it is usually a good thing they are using less product more often, they do use mineral nutrients after all.

Ric
02-20-2009, 06:00 PM
From an environmental standpoint it is usually a good thing they are using less product more often, they do use mineral nutrients after all.

JD

If they use only water soluable nutrients that can't be all that great for the environment.

Turfdoctor1
02-20-2009, 06:05 PM

not really. 1# barricade is 1# barricade regardless of how it gets into the soil. i'm not talking nutrients. we are talking dormant bermuda.

tlg
02-20-2009, 11:03 PM
you hit the nail on the head, Ted.

I've already sent out letters, and going to send out postcards detailing the issues I have with their integrity--that they sell people stuff they don't need. I'm ready for a battle.

Kiril,

Sounds kind of libelous. Be careful what you put in print.