PDA

View Full Version : Pellet Compost

humble1
02-20-2009, 10:36 AM
There used to be a company called green valley that made a nice product.
I cant seem to find anyone that makes a pelltized compost, yet all sorts of organic lawn care companies advertise it on their web pages if you do a search.

Anyone have a supplier?

DUSTYCEDAR
02-20-2009, 10:44 AM
NO
but many that say one thing do another

phasthound
02-20-2009, 10:58 AM
There used to be a company called green valley that made a nice product.
I cant seem to find anyone that makes a pelltized compost, yet all sorts of organic lawn care companies advertise it on their web pages if you do a search.

Anyone have a supplier?

We can help.
Pelletized compost 1.98 billion microbes/gram
sold by the pallet 50x40lb bags.

humble1
02-20-2009, 11:08 AM
We can help.
Pelletized compost 1.98 billion microbes/gram
sold by the pallet 50x40lb bags.

I just took a look at your page, I dont see it on your site.
Do you have a link for more info, or pm me.

phasthound
02-20-2009, 01:02 PM
I just took a look at your page, I dont see it on your site.
Do you have a link for more info, or pm me.

We supply many more products than are on our current website, new one should be up in a couple of weeks.

What kind of info are you looking for? Still working on pricing, but last year it was $650.00/pallet of 50 x 40lb bags delivered to MA, cheaper for orders of 3 or more pallets. We'll have the current price soon.

treegal1
02-20-2009, 05:44 PM
oh my.................:waving:

bicmudpuppy
02-20-2009, 08:27 PM
We supply many more products than are on our current website, new one should be up in a couple of weeks.

What kind of info are you looking for? Still working on pricing, but last year it was $650.00/pallet of 50 x 40lb bags delivered to MA, cheaper for orders of 3 or more pallets. We'll have the current price soon.

Knee jerk reaction is OUCH, but can you post specs on the product beyond what you've given so far? Nitrogen is still a prevalent part of the program, what %N? What else is in the compost? Micro's I hope. Fe? Mg? Mo and Zn are left out in a lot of products and essential for some aspects of growth. My biggest complaint w/ synthetics isn't as much salt (even though I fight salt content in everything including H20), but a lack of micro's w/o buying a specific product has always chapped a bit.

phasthound
02-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Knee jerk reaction is OUCH, but can you post specs on the product beyond what you've given so far? Nitrogen is still a prevalent part of the program, what %N? What else is in the compost? Micro's I hope. Fe? Mg? Mo and Zn are left out in a lot of products and essential for some aspects of growth. My biggest complaint w/ synthetics isn't as much salt (even though I fight salt content in everything including H20), but a lack of micro's w/o buying a specific product has always chapped a bit.

As soon as I get all the specs, I'll post them. But I doubt they will be as extensive as what you are asking for.

Kiril
02-21-2009, 12:32 PM

Generally speaking soils are not limiting with respect to micros ... soil conditions on the other hand may limit availability. In any event, just one more reason to use a well rounded compost in your top dress program.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Still cheeper than fert

treegal1
02-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Still cheeper than fertbreak it down by the lb, yes yada yada OM and all, but still what a great start or bridge for the fert and squirt chem converts, baby steps if thats your thing.........

maybe pelletized worm casts..................

bicmudpuppy
02-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Still cheeper than fert

By what math did this spill forth? $650/1 ton pallet makes it 32.5cents/# for the product. If it is 10%N, then the cost is 3.25/#N The bio-sludge product out of TX (that I still haven't looked up the right name for yet) that resembles Milorganite is still running $7.50/50#bag. Milorganite can be purchased in palllet quantity for $8.50 a bag. Or 2.50/#N or 2.83/#N respectively. This product may or may not be better or more available. More consistent or better formulated. If FERT is the only criteria, Ammonium sulfate is costing me about $1.50/#N either pelletized for broadcasting or as soluble prills.

I am curious about the product and am not saying good or bad about this product, but a blanket statement about the cost would not be correct with anything else I have seen.

treegal1
02-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I did the math with my best compost test #s and it did not work out, but pelletized compost thats one for the books........

DUSTYCEDAR
02-22-2009, 12:12 PM
OK yes its not cheep at first but when you add compost in what ever form you want it will in time need less N from fert.
i use less n each year from regular fert and more from organic forms like compost
nothing is perfict but we all have our own way to get it done

treegal1
02-22-2009, 12:36 PM
yeah it is compost and has the other benefits, and if the price comes down with its use then it will one day god willing be a contender. its still the cats meow!!!!

bicmudpuppy
02-22-2009, 12:53 PM
What's the difference between this pelletized "compost" and a granular bio-solid waste stream product? I am NOT pushing Milorganite, it is just the moste available bio-solid I have found so far. If I were near a metro area providing a sewage sludge/bio solid, I would be buying.

bicmudpuppy
02-22-2009, 12:54 PM
On the above note, do any of these facilities provide the product in drop bags? Or could the fill a drop bag for you? "pallet bags" might make this type of product a lot more user friendly for organic LCO's.

Kiril
02-22-2009, 01:05 PM
On the above note, do any of these facilities provide the product in drop bags? Or could the fill a drop bag for you? "pallet bags" might make this type of product a lot more user friendly for organic LCO's.

Heh, would be cool if they provided for bulk pick-up/delivery

phasthound
02-22-2009, 01:10 PM

We can supply the following products in 2,000lb bulk sacks:
TeraVita L-85, spreadable granular 85% humic acids
TeraVita Hum-Amend, spreadable granular 85% humic acids with 10% soluable humic acid
Pelletized Compost
Worm Castings
Hi-Cal lime with soluble humates
Gypsum with soluble humates

Direct shipping to most locations.

humble1
02-22-2009, 03:16 PM
What's the difference between this pelletized "compost" and a granular bio-solid waste stream product? I am NOT pushing Milorganite, it is just the moste available bio-solid I have found so far. If I were near a metro area providing a sewage sludge/bio solid, I would be buying.

Pellet compost is made from yard waste-
Bio solid is made from our waste-Poopy

phasthound
02-23-2009, 09:51 AM
The product is a 50% poultry manure – 50% leaf compost, made in-vessel under computer programming to maintain optimal conditions for aerobic biology. It is German engineered system for compost. Extrusion pellet & crumble. Application rate 10lb/1000K.
Attached is the spec sheet.

replenish&subdue
02-23-2009, 05:06 PM
I wanted to check out this "Granular Compost" by East Coast Organics. It says approved by the soil food web people.It is 100% organic spreadable. See it at eastcoastorganics.com and hope to hear what you think. I am looking for sources myself.

whitneysegura
02-25-2009, 02:22 AM
Definately cheaper than fer, i agree with the guy above me!

Prolawnservice
02-25-2009, 05:58 PM
The product is a 50% poultry manure – 50% leaf compost, made in-vessel under computer programming to maintain optimal conditions for aerobic biology. It is German engineered system for compost. Extrusion pellet & crumble. Application rate 10lb/1000K.
Attached is the spec sheet.

Nothin says good compost like computer programming......mmmm just like grandma used to make....:laugh:....JK

phasthound
02-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Nothin says good compost like computer programming......mmmm just like grandma used to make....:laugh:....JK

Ya just can't trust those damn humans to turn it at the right time. :)

treegal1
02-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Ya just can't trust those damn humans to turn it at the right time. :)
you are so correct that it hurts, I got a new controller coming soon, temp, O2, CO2, H2O...........

phasthound
02-25-2009, 07:21 PM
you are so correct that it hurts, I got a new controller coming soon, temp, O2, CO2, H2O...........

WALL-E is the best recycler.