PDA

View Full Version : Chem-Lawn routes

Rayholio
02-20-2009, 11:36 AM
I try to understand as much as possible who might be potential customers in my neighborhood.. Chem-Lawn customers are always target #1..

I'm having a hard time determining what houses they care for.. THey'll pop in and doo a house right next to a house they were dooing last year.. then skip several houses, and doo another one... Then a couple weeks later they'll doo others, and so-on..

Is there any ryme or reason behind their routing? does anyone know?

I DO know they're hurting.. I have a few lawns they're trying to take by marking the price down by half.. . And it's not working.. ROFLOL.. That's pretty bad service, if a customer won't join you at half price... hehe

sprayboy
02-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Could be a number of reasons:

Unorganized tech

Ops manager not giving the tech all the invoices for that area

New sign ups

Customers taking different number of apps, some full program some just one or two apps

As the year goes on some could be on financial hold, I always hated that, really screws up a route

Ric
02-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Ray

My area TG/CL is so cheap I can't compete with their prices that are half my price. There is an other national company with higher prices that is my best source of new customers the same as TG/CL is for you. Why not just drive the neighborhoods you want quickly each night and look for that days posting signs??? Then follow up with a letter or cold call.

Rayholio
02-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Ray

My area TG/CL is so cheap I can't compete with their prices that are half my price. There is an other national company with higher prices that is my best source of new customers the same as TG/CL is for you. Why not just drive the neighborhoods you want quickly each night and look for that days posting signs??? Then follow up with a letter or cold call.

That's probably pretty good advice :)

I've been just jotting down the address's as I see the trucks, etc.. but I could probably be a lot more effective just waiting for the signs yo pop up..

mngrassguy
02-22-2009, 02:57 AM
Most likely, the more experienced techs are taking the high priced lawns in an area and leaving the low priced ones for the rooky. They gotta hit those big #'s quick or they lose their jobs.

Financial holds are usually done the day after they pay once route start getting short.

Some sales people will sell a "call ahead" so the techs have to resell each app. A call ahead will always delay an app a few days.

Service calls will delay an app. If someone calls in for a service call before 21 days after an app, say for weeds, the entire app will get re-done. this will delay an app for another 21 days. This also could be why so many guys on here are always complaining about TG lawns growing so fast.

naughty62
02-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Boss or I do most of estimates and sales .If you have a corporate chain doing the advertisement and trying to meet their wishs and goals .Who knows when a barrage of mid season customers are gonna appear .With economy the way it is ,a guy is gonna have to be thinking about strategic advertisement and the timing of the advertisement .Every year I have people call ins after I have done my round .If the public knows when to schedule or when you are coming through , a guy can load and modify routes.Some people are gonna lose customers and some are gonna gain .I quess it all depends on the flexibility of a guys business model .