PDA

View Full Version : Where's winter???

DanaMac
02-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Been very mild and dry here. I scheduled one system for a turn on Monday morning. Older lady that gets concerned with grass and plantings dieing. She has a trash can and blankets that are set aside just for the PVB. Also on a master valve. If it gets cold again I can shut it down without here there. Unless it gets extremely cold again, I won't blow it out.

I'm antsy for some work.

hoskm01
02-20-2009, 08:26 PM
I was wondering the same Dana.

This joke of a storm blowing through this evening has us at 50 mph, near white out at my place right now.

AI Inc
02-21-2009, 06:09 AM
We plowed here thur and fri and again tommorow AM.

Dripit good
02-21-2009, 06:24 AM
We're going to get our share again today......4"-7" gift from the snow gods.

Well above average in all of our areas again this year. :weightlifter:

Going to be another long weekend for me.

DanaMac
02-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Well march is our snowiest month. I sure hope it turns out that way.

Matt - yes it was blowing around 50 mph here too. Light snow at home after the hockey game.

Mike Leary
02-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Well march is our snowiest month. I sure hope it turns out that way..

::::::::rethinks coming north in March:::::::::

Dripit good
02-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Purt near white out now.

Time to concentrate on deaking with auga in it's most difficult form.

Tom Tom
02-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Been very mild and dry here. I scheduled one system for a turn on Monday morning. Older lady that gets concerned with grass and plantings dieing. She has a trash can and blankets that are set aside just for the PVB. Also on a master valve. If it gets cold again I can shut it down without here there. Unless it gets extremely cold again, I won't blow it out.

I'm antsy for some work.

No chit!, looks like its gonna hit 65? or so on Tuesday? Then 50's rest of week.

Was checking the snow pack info the other day- looks like its at to above normal so far

Tom Tom
02-21-2009, 01:50 PM
::::::::rethinks coming north in March:::::::::

Moved to Colorado in '75. It snowed on June 10th!

DanaMac
02-21-2009, 04:18 PM
No chit!, looks like its gonna hit 65? or so on Tuesday? Then 50's rest of week.

Sooooo..... when do we tee up?

Stuttering Stan
02-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Why don't you go west? Has to be cold in Rockies.
Just don't send the warmth eastward, I'm still in hibernation

Mike Leary
02-21-2009, 11:41 PM

West is for pikers.

hoskm01
02-22-2009, 02:20 AM
Just don't send the warmth eastward, I'm still in hibernation
Youre still nursing your quads!:)

Mike, if the twinkiw gets stuck in the snow, Ill pull you out.

bicmudpuppy
02-22-2009, 02:05 PM
I don't think it will make 60 today, but looking at 60+ three days this week. I'm going to turn the irrigation loops on for the greens Wednesday. I talked to the ditch board president Friday. Consensus is I can look for a full pond before the first week in March is over. I didn't realize they did scheduled monthly meetings. Next one is March 10th and I'll be there. I might learn how all this water right stuff works yet. I was promised the ditch would be flowing before the next meeting. As soon as I have water, I can start turning everything else on. Looks like I lost about 3 A' of water to winter and used an one before the freeze. I should still have 5 A' of usable water. I'm hoping that will last the two week worst case scenario. I guess spring is here!

Mike Leary
02-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Mike, if the twinkiw gets stuck in the snow, Ill pull you out.

Thanks Matt, she's almost 15,000 pounds; I'll not ask that of a friend.