PDA

View Full Version : whats your opinion

burge19
02-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey guys I am putting in a bid to remove some bushes and trim some others up a little. Im not worried about the trimming. But there are two pretty big overgrown bushes with a big base one them.. i cant if the wideness of the base goes through the ground or it just looks like it.. Just wondering if you guys would use a bobcat to take them out.. If i do the bobcat i will probably have to repair some grass...my other though was to do some good hand labor and dig below the ground and cut the roots with a chainsaw and then fill the hole back in??
Just looking as to what you guys would do.. also pricing????/

Fife Lawn&Lane
02-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Redneck style chain it to a truck and yank it out, you will have to fill the hole back in as the roots will come with it.

burge19
02-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Anyone else??

White Gardens
02-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Rent a dingo.

Much smaller, less tear up of the turf. You still might have to do some cutting but it's a good balance between a full skid and hand labor.

EL Lawn care
02-22-2009, 12:34 PM
cut it off at ground level and drill some holes, fill it with tree rot chemical. if you dont like that idea, rip it out like fife says, "redneck style" and besides thats always fun to watch or take part in

burge19
02-22-2009, 08:10 PM
if i drill the holes and kill the roots wont it kill all the other plants around it?

STIHL GUY
02-22-2009, 08:29 PM
cut it at ground level and dig up the stump or pull it out with the truck

greendoctor
02-22-2009, 08:39 PM
if i drill the holes and kill the roots wont it kill all the other plants around it?

No. The stump remover powders in a box or bottle are potassium nitrate and sulfur. They serve to speed up decomposition of the stump. There is no danger of killing things, if anything potassium nitrate and sulfur is good fertilizer. Be careful of putting RoundUp or other herbicides in the stump. If the roots of the stump to be killed are grafted onto nearby plants, then there may be problems.

Runner
02-22-2009, 10:43 PM
cut it at ground level and dig up the stump or pull it out with the truck
If you cut it off at the ground, there is a slim to no chance of pulling it out with a truck. In order to simplify the pulling out with a truck, ait is best to leave a few ft. up of limbs. This gives more to hook around, allowing less slippage, but what is more so, is that it provides much greater leverage for pulling. The downfall of this, as stated above, is the access and potential damage from a vehicle around the area. Another option, is to cut the shrubs off, and have someone come in with a small stumpgrinder...The type that is a self propelled. you could rent one yourself, but you will find that in many cases, such as this, it is more practicle just to have someone come do it for you - by the time you add up the time and costs of doing it yourself (going to get and having to return equipment).

JNyz
02-22-2009, 11:07 PM
If you cut it off at the ground, there is a slim to no chance of pulling it out with a truck. In order to simplify the pulling out with a truck, ait is best to leave a few ft. up of limbs. This gives more to hook around, allowing less slippage, but what is more so, is that it provides much greater leverage for pulling. The downfall of this, as stated above, is the access and potential damage from a vehicle around the area. Another option, is to cut the shrubs off, and have someone come in with a small stumpgrinder...The type that is a self propelled. you could rent one yourself, but you will find that in many cases, such as this, it is more practicle just to have someone come do it for you - by the time you add up the time and costs of doing it yourself (going to get and having to return equipment).

Correct. Just sub out the stump removal. Should be around 75.00.