PDA

View Full Version : mid-season flyers

robert fling
03-08-2002, 10:43 AM
i am in the process of distributing flyers, in the hopes of picking up a few customers. does anyone circulate flyers during the season to pick up new business? if so when and how often?

Bob Minney
03-08-2002, 08:23 PM
If you need more work it never hurts to put out additional flyers. If its a very hot & dry year I can get through my mowing quicker than usual, and have done well putting out flyers through the end of june for aeration. I'll usually pick up some extra shrub trimming at the same time. One thing I learned early on is that most (not all) of the mow customers you pick up 4-6 weeks or more into the season are somebody elses trouble. But if you are slow and have the time to sort through them why not go for it.

LawnLad
03-08-2002, 09:42 PM
Early to mid August I put out a "fall" flyer that promotes new lawn installations, plantings etc. I basically rework the spring flyer so the format is consistent, but the message has changed. The more frequently you can get your name out, the more likely somone will buy.

As well, people buy when they're ready to buy something - so you have to be constantly advertising so they can find you when they are ready.

Early to mid August is a good time since it's typcially the height of our summer drought - and we can cut one or two guys loose at the end of each day for a week to deliver flyers. Keeps their hours up instead of letting them go early.