PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth got me!

EagleLandscape
02-20-2009, 08:17 PM
I was on Google earth getting measurements for a municipal bid in the city of Garland earlier tonight. Weathermatic factory was right down the street from one of the bid locations so I pulled it up. Low n behold, I can see my truck and trailer parked on the left side of the lot. Turf is all gone/brown because we just got done scalping for winter rye.

kinda cool to see myself on google earth.

hoskm01
02-20-2009, 08:48 PM
scalping for winter rye.

Ahhh, I miss Winter Rye.

Ive seen myself on Googles aerial image before, but its got a more current version now.

First one, one of my guys on a Stander in the street strip, red shirt. One of our HOA's.

http://www.lawnlogistics.com/Storage/map1.JPG

At my first house in AZ, my dads FJCruiser in the driveway. I think we were moving a trailer out of the garage.

http://www.lawnlogistics.com/Storage/map2.JPG

I always like to look for this goofy schitt online.

hoskm01
02-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Another one I just found looking around.

A huge leak in a homeowners yard that ruined a corner of turf in one of the parks at an HOA. Took us 6 months of complaining daily for it to be fixed.

http://www.lawnlogistics.com/storage/map3.jpg

Kiril or any other dork... Why does LS now shrink my photos to the point where you cant see anything?

Mike Leary
02-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Photos are too large; it screws up the whole screen.:hammerhead:

Wet_Boots
02-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Get a bigger monitor.

`

You piker.

Mike Leary
02-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Get a

That's not The Point, Oblio.

Wet_Boots
02-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Sez you, piker.

AI Inc
02-21-2009, 06:31 AM
That second pic , of Koskmo , can ya hear the neighbor fart or what. Reminds me of when I worked in Callabasas Cali.

DanaMac
02-21-2009, 09:07 AM
That second pic , of Koskmo , can ya hear the neighbor fart or what. Reminds me of when I worked in Callabasas Cali.

Unfortunately, that is a big culture of building out here. By first house we bought was like that. Tract home subdivision. You can barely get a skid loader between them. And I HATED it. I never went out because I always felt people were watching me. Hated mowing the lawn and the old folks behind me just sat on the deck watching me. I could hear old Mrs. So-and-So coughing up a lung everytime she was out smoking. And I could always SMELL her out there smoking.

But now that you see it, can you tell now why it only takes 5-15 minutes to do a fall blow out :)

hoskm01
02-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Unfortunately, that is a big culture of building out here. By first house we bought was like that. Tract home subdivision. You can barely get a skid loader between them. And I HATED it. I never went out because I always felt people were watching me. Hated mowing the lawn and the old folks behind me just sat on the deck watching me. I could hear old Mrs. So-and-So coughing up a lung everytime she was out smoking. And I could always SMELL her out there smoking.

But now that you see it, can you tell now why it only takes 5-15 minutes to do a fall blow out :)
Precisely. The "cookie cutter" building culture was and is still big out west. I was fresh out of college and didnt want to live with my parents any longer than I had to. Nice new job at the PD and a "deal" on that house was all it took.

Makes a great rental today.

DanaMac
02-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Precisely. The "cookie cutter" building culture was and is still big out west. I was fresh out of college and didnt want to live with my parents any longer than I had to. Nice new job at the PD and a "deal" on that house was all it took.

Yup. Starter home for me. Stayed there 4 years. Lived in a rental for 4 years before that. But I would have lost it living there any longer. I'm not a neighborly person. Don't want to converse with them everyday.

AI Inc
02-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Im closer to the river , My dock and my boat then any neighbors.

Kiril
02-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Kiril or any other dork... Why does LS now shrink my photos to the point where you cant see anything?

Are you using my CSS override? Send me PM with the source code of one of the pages this is happening on.

AI Inc
02-21-2009, 02:14 PM
You do know Dork is british slang for ***** right? I mean answering to it and all.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-21-2009, 02:17 PM
That is fun to play with

hoskm01
02-22-2009, 02:40 AM
Are you using my CSS override? Send me PM with the source code of one of the pages this is happening on.
Yes, I am, actually. Hadnt thought of that. PM enroute.

Kiril
02-22-2009, 08:29 AM
you need to put the code in a code block (i.e. wrap it with bbcode "code" tags, and include a link to the original page.