PDA

View Full Version : I passed the CIC Exam!

Tony Clifton
02-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Since this isn't much of a big deak to anyone I am around right now, I thought I would share it with you guys & girls. Just got my results back and I passed!
From what I gather not all of you are pro IA, but I am stoked.
Cheers!

:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

rlpsystems
02-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Since this isn't much of a big deak to anyone I am around right now, I thought I would share it with you guys & girls. Just got my results back and I passed!
Cheers!

What's the big deak here! Congrats. Test is Raleigh?

Wet_Boots
02-20-2009, 10:39 PM
The news must have brought you a great deak of joy, TC

rlpsystems
02-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Is it the Big Labowski? Or the Big Deak?

hoskm01
02-20-2009, 10:55 PM
You should be able to make some good deaks with customers with your new found skills.

Congrats. Good deak.

hoskm01
02-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Deak

Heres to you, Tony.

http://garyclocks.com/JPEGseptember18/deak.jpg

Dripit good
02-21-2009, 05:59 AM
Congrats TC!! :clapping: You should be proud :drinkup: Great personal achievement.

I was stoked too when I got my CLIA. Been thinking of adding CIC and/or CID.

Some of these geeks don't think it's a big deak to be certified nationally. :hammerhead:

irrigationgrl
02-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Since this isn't much of a big deak to anyone I am around right now,IT IS A BIG BIG DEAK TO US..ROUND HERE so CONGRATS WAY TO GO!!!

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-21-2009, 06:55 AM
Big Deak definition:

High stakes poker game; Tony Clifton getting his CIC.

Congrats

Sprinkus
02-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Congartulations! :clapping:
Nothing worng with getiing a cretification like that!

Dripit good
02-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Congartulations! :clapping:
Nothing worng with getiing a cretification like that!

Well said!

AI Inc
02-21-2009, 08:08 AM
Some people wave it off, but it is impotant.

H2O
02-21-2009, 09:07 AM
CONGRATs Tony Clifton!

Welcome to the club :drinkup:

DanaMac
02-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Good job!!!!

Tony Clifton
02-21-2009, 09:24 AM
LOL, thanks guys, didn't mean to make a big deak out of it, but I was really excited last night. Had been checking the mail box everyday...felt like I was a senior in high school again waiting for college acceptance letters.

AI Inc
02-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Does is still come from Cal state fresno, center for irrigation technology?

Tony Clifton
02-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Does is still come from Cal state fresno, center for irrigation technology?

Yes it does.

Kiril
02-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Some people wave it off, but it is impotant.

Well, the deak as I see it .... I'll take my University education over IA cert. any day of the week.

Dripit good
02-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Those of us with higher education would agree......U of M myself.

(Hardly missed a hash bash in the seventies):waving:

Flow Control
02-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Welcome to da club.

Isn't that a requirement for you NC people as per your new NC regulations?

Tony Clifton
02-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Welcome to da club.

Isn't that a requirement for you NC people as per your new NC regulations?

Great question, nobody seems to know - LOL.
From what I understand, the law went into effect Jan. 1, testing won't be ready until July or so. I have heard 10 different things, one being that the test is the same as the CIC exam, I seriously doubt that it is (but I hope it is).
I think that it will be similar to the pesticide licensing exam, but I could be wrong. I have been saying there needs to be some sort of licensing for irrigation installers in NC, but I do think they jumped the gun on it, and are not giving out enough info.
I should also note that if you are a CIC you do not have to take the NC exam. (there are a few other exemptions, which I think are BS)

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Well, the deak as I see it .... I'll take my University education over IA cert. any day of the week.

Don't be a KillJoy. He is happy you should add to his happiness.

Mike Leary
02-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Don't be a KillJoy. He is happy you should add to his happiness.

What? Did you just join the forum in another incarnation? Of course, we're
pleased someone advanced themselves, whether it be IA, College or working
under some fool who learned the trade the hard way. :hammerhead:

Kiril
02-21-2009, 02:21 PM
What? Did you just join the forum in another incarnation? Of course, we're
pleased someone advanced themselves, whether it be IA, College or working
under some fool who learned the trade the hard way. :hammerhead:

Agreed. My comment was in response to what he said about some people not being pro IA (i.e. Mike and myself)

Mike Leary
02-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Agreed. My comment was in response to what he said about some people not being pro IA (i.e. Mike and myself)

I guess what we meant was, "don't let your schooling get in the way of your education."

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Like I said..I don't get along with people my age....

The dude made an effort..passed..is happy...try to wait one day before you put out the old age bad vibes...

Kiril
02-21-2009, 03:53 PM
I embrace my cynicism with fervor. :laugh:

Mike Leary
02-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Like I said..I don't get along with people my age....

The dude made an effort..passed..is happy...try to wait one day before you put out the old age bad vibes...

Yup, thanks for the advise. While you were pontificating, a call came in on your website. Guess which valve is stuck open?

Kiril
02-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Yup, thanks for the advise. While you were pontificating, a call came in on your website. Guess which valve is stuck open?

The one with the slip cap on it? :cry:

p.s. get some new pics damnit.

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-21-2009, 04:09 PM

There's a manifold for you. Thank you for reaffirming my liking for TX 6" VBs.

Mike Leary
02-21-2009, 04:19 PM
p.s. get some new pics damnit.

Anytime some one wants to step up to the plate with some cool/screwed pics, I will acquiese, plus I'm about out of JPEGs unless Matt
wants me to grab some pics of his stuff. Here's one for you, Bubba.

Wet_Boots
02-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Actual valves would get in the way of those swell bricks that Kiril photographs :p

DanaMac
02-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Anytime some one wants to step up to the plate with some cool/screwed pics, I will acquiese, plus I'm about out of JPEGs unless Matt

two words.

over & kill

:laugh:

Mike Leary
02-21-2009, 06:04 PM
two words. over & kill

Hah! I remember when I first came on the forum you guys gave me so much crap about only doing two or three systems a year.

Mike Leary
02-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Actual valves would get in the way of those swell bricks that Kiril photographs :p

Kiril is a Carson rep, plus he lives in the Pointless Forest where his handle is
"Rockman".

Kiril
02-21-2009, 07:44 PM

ROFL .... and you have a problem with the time required custom building manifolds. :rolleyes:

Kiril
02-21-2009, 07:46 PM

better than cutting the f'n shiit out of the valve box

Mike Leary
02-21-2009, 07:56 PM
ROFL .... and you have a problem with the time required custom building manifolds. :rolleyes:

I wish I had a pic of my "blue stool", a wood one that was the right height for wiring the lower splice boxes, I had a standard stool for the clocks and made sure I had a table for all the instruments.

Kiril
02-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Wish I had a pic of my red stool ... the one I used to smack employees up side the head for wasting time on pointless details.

Mike Leary
02-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Wish I had a pic of my red stool ... the one I used to smack employees up side the head for wasting time on pointless details.

Not pointless when a wiring change is needed. I never trusted my guys to wire these; I figured if something screwed up it would be my $1500. Guess what, the big RMs, with my blue stool, we're modified and trouble-shot with minimum body stress. Why do you think I'm sixty-three with no aches & pains?

Mike Leary
02-21-2009, 08:08 PM

I wish I had a pic of my "blue stool", a wood one that was the right height
for wiring the lower splice boxes, I had standard stool for the clocks and made sure I had a table for all the instruments.

hoskm01
02-22-2009, 02:36 AM
My pics come at a high price.

I wonder who will be the first to post a pic of their brown stool?

rlpsystems
02-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Don't really know why your wondering that. Here's mine.

DanaMac
02-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Red stool and blue stool? You guys need to stop eating crayons.

Kiril
02-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Red stool and blue stool? You guys need to stop eating crayons.

...... and you need to find a better home than that trash can you are living in, it is all dented. :laugh:

RandalatA1Sprinklers
02-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Cheers!

I think anything you can do to improve yourself is a good thing. Right on! I'll buy the first round! :drinkup::clapping: