PDA

View Full Version : Liscense & Insurance legal question

Fuller Lawn Care
02-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Ive searched around and just cant seem to find the exact information i need 1st of all what kind of buisness liscense do you need how old do you have to be to get it and how much does it cost second of all insurance what type of insurance would you need for a solo operator running one truck and how much would it cost and hows old do you have to be to get it and then what if you decide you want to expand and purchace a dump truck do you just add it to your previous insurance policy thanks and any and all information would be greatly appreciated

ALLPro Landscaping
02-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Where are you going to be located, legal requirements are different in each state, count, town

bohiaa
02-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Dont take this type of advice from this site, Go talk to an insurance person in your area.

and get with your state, "you dont have it listed here"

Fuller Lawn Care
02-21-2009, 04:45 PM
My state is Tennessee and im only 15 and know that i am not going to need these things that bad this year but as i expand i will need to become liscensed and insured please fill me in on how yall work thanks

White Gardens
02-21-2009, 07:16 PM
My state is Tennessee and im only 15 and know that i am not going to need these things that bad this year but as i expand i will need to become liscensed and insured please fill me in on how yall work thanks

Always be insured regardless the size of your operation. Murphy's law can nip you in the bud regardless of how big you are.

hvphotog
02-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Ive searched around and just cant seem to find the exact information i need 1st of all what kind of buisness liscense do you need how old do you have to be to get it and how much does it cost second of all insurance what type of insurance would you need for a solo operator running one truck and how much would it cost and hows old do you have to be to get it and then what if you decide you want to expand and purchace a dump truck do you just add it to your previous insurance policy thanks and any and all information would be greatly appreciated

licensing is different in all towns, county's and states - I am in NY in orange county where a license is not needed but if you to go Rockland County a few miles away you have to be and so on Check at your County Government building the County Clerk will know and she will also tell you what to do if you need to be.

Insurance again is the same as above different prices for everyone all over.. get on the phone and make some calls. The first thing they will ask is what you are going to be doing exactly, figure that out in detail before you call them. Breakout the yellow pages and go to town.

Good luck:usflag:

Midwestins
03-06-2009, 04:24 PM
I have an insurance business in MO. I have been dealing with Lawn companies for awhile now, for a small start up business I recommend the following...

General Liability at least 1,000,000 in coverage
Inland Marine (covers your mowers and equipment)
Business Auto (covers your vehicles and trailers)

As far as price, it varies by state, this would be a good start for anyone getting in the business, and it always helps to have insurance when bidding those larger commercial jobs.

Good Luck