PDA

View Full Version : Sprayer Nozzle

DaughtryLC
02-21-2009, 02:48 AM
My sprayer nozzles continue to drip after I cut it off. Is their some kind of value or diaphragm that can be installed to stop this. It has gotten worse sent I lengthened the line from the tank to the boom and I know its the left over chemical in the line.

Grandview
02-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Get a nozzle body with a check valve. They are a must. Hypro has them. Most farm supply stores carry them.

greendoctor
02-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Or use strainers with a check valves inside of the screen assembly. If you do that, your spraying pressure needs to be 5 PSI or whatever the spring rating is higher to get past the spring loaded ball. Teejet also makes nozzle bodies with diaphragm check valves or the strainers with check valves.

DaughtryLC
02-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks guys,I have a dealer that I buy all my chemicals from, I'm sure they have what I need.

grassman177
02-21-2009, 06:15 PM
sounds like vavle failure to me.is this on a ride on? i thought the nozzles came with check vavles on them, at least the zsprays do. should be an easy fix

DaughtryLC
02-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Its a Fimco, so I know I need the valve body, I'm sure it does not come with it

Grandview
02-21-2009, 06:57 PM
sounds like vavle failure to me.is this on a ride on? i thought the nozzles came with check vavles on them, at least the zsprays do. should be an easy fix

Actually they do not. The nozzle body is separate from the nozzle. The nozzle body has the diaphragm. Spray pressure needs to exceed 5 psi before they open. I did not have any luck with the strainers.