PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of your site

Flow Control
02-22-2009, 12:52 AM
If you had to describe a mission statement for your website, what would it be?

Granted we are all trying to increase sales via the web, but what is your mission.

Company info?
Educate customers?

Turboguy
02-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Good question. To my way of thinking it would be three fold. To inform, inspire and motivate.

By inform I mean to make any potential customers aware of the services you provide and how they may fit his needs.

To inspire, I am talking more about inspiring confidence that you are a professional who cares about customers and has the knowledge and equipment to do the job in a professional way.

To motive, is to make him want to call you and find out more about services. This may include a simple form to fill out for an estimate or a promotion to get him to call or at least appealing to things that motivate him to seek a professional.

Kiril
02-22-2009, 09:55 AM
I agree with turbo for a biz site.

Team-Green L&L
03-02-2009, 08:12 AM
This is a GREAT QUESTION! I ask every one of my new clients this same question and all too often I hear "well, I never thought about that". If you are going to build an online image for your company this a THE QUESTION to think about.

Our site is designed to increase visibility and act as a communications network for potential clients. I have other sites that are specifically for content and informational purposes that I like to call "link-bait sites" and still some others that are used specifically for marketshare communities. Lawnsite is a great example of this type of site. "Keep them coming back with info and tools and then sell the adspace". There is room for all kinds of sites in your total portfolio if you create the right environment for your users.