PDA

View Full Version : Problems with new 1536G

mac43rn
03-08-2002, 10:11 PM
Purchased a new gravely 1536G (15hp kaw v-twin, 36 in, gear drive). Love everything about it. Cut is very nice and stripes are great. However, I went to try and raise the height of the deck and it was one of the greatest workouts I have ever had. I called my dealer and he was pretty much no help. The problem is, I can't get the pins out of the holes. I shouldn't say I couldn't, but it took a very long craftsman screwdriver to pry it out. This is just not very practical. It makes spacers look like a modern invention. Has anyone else had this problem? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am so frustrated I am thinking about selling it already!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-09-2002 12:07 AM

The Gladiator
03-12-2002, 08:17 AM
Hello Mac34rn,

I'm concerned with your frustration and will do everything possible to help resolve the problem with the unit.

Who is the dealer you purchased the unit from?

I experanced the same thing on one of our proto-type machines last fall and reported it to our engineering staff so they could resolve the situation. They found that one of two things could be the problem.

(1) The holes which the adjustment pins are located may have too much paint inside the hole causing the pins to bind up. Removing the excess paint will resolve this problem.

(2) The upper frame assembly could have been welded incorrectly causing the misalignment of the pins. In this situation it will require that a new upper frame assembly be installed to resolve this problem.

After your e-mail, I talked with our engineers and our assembly staff about this situation. Each machine is to be checked for proper operation before it leaves to be crated. I also checked 5 random unit that were just completed with different deck sizes and found all adjusters to work very easily.

At this point I would suggest taking your unit back to the dealer for repairs and I will work with the dealer to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.

Respectfully,
Dan Kilgas

mac43rn
03-12-2002, 11:57 PM
I received a phone call from barry on saturday morning at 8 am. he said he is aware of the problem and I am not the only one having these problems. He said the holes do not match up and that is why it is so difficult to adjust. My delaer is located in Henderon, KY and has offered to pick up mower at my house and fix the problem. I don't know what the actual part that is needed to fix the problem, but I am sure Barry will do his best to fix the inconvience. I would like to say if the top bar of the deck has to be removed and reinstalled I would almost rather get a brand new one straight from the factory. Don't think that is too much to ask considering it has one/tenth of an hour on it.

take care

The Gladiator
03-13-2002, 09:05 AM
It sounds like Barry is going to handle this for you. If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Dan