PDA

View Full Version : Freaky e-mail.

Mike Leary
02-22-2009, 01:42 PM
One of my contractor buddies tells me work is dead up north; 27 guys bidding on a small job. I went through this "downturn" in the late seventies. How are you and your subs doing ?

Wet_Boots
02-22-2009, 01:46 PM
I remember work.

bobw
02-22-2009, 02:16 PM
We're in pretty good shape for this season; its next season that is the big worry for me. We've been pretty good at getting contracts signed and our commercial work for the season was booked last year before the big downturn started. Right now though, there is very little on the radar screen for bidding. As much as I really don't want to, I will likely have to be more aggressive in pursuing residential installs this season just to ensure that the year works out ok.

bicmudpuppy
02-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Oil and Gas is king here. If your in drilling/construction, be glad you are working/have a job. The trucking/service guys are still swamped. Work as many hours as you want. OT is not a problem, etc. Driving a water truck looks better every day. If I could just get past the not loving what I do :(

hoskm01
02-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Weve got our commercial maintenance lined up at 135% of last year, volumes wise.

Landed 125k worth of install work this month.

Things are looking pretty good for us here. Many others hurting around here, going down.

AI Inc
02-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Last season ended real dead and Im thinking this season isnt going to be any better.

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Weve got our commercial maintenance lined up at 135% of last year, volumes wise.

Landed 125k worth of install work this month.

Things are looking pretty good for us here. Many others hurting around here, going down.

Good for you Matt. Cream rises to the top.

DanaMac
02-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I think this year will be great for me again. We are going to send out a postcard to customers in the next couple weeks emphasizing water conservation and rising water rates. Then we'll send out our usual spring card 3-4 weeks later. I want to get the conservation part in their heads now.

We're probably going to lose out on people calling checking on rates this year, because there are more guys doing service now. Which doesn't bother me. But we're going to try and spend more time at each job doing the extras - raising and straightening heads, putting in proper nozzles in the rotors for MPR, teaching the HOs how to operate the controller PROPERLY so they can adjust throughout out the year better.

Peter - we're going to push more for the upgrades. :)

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I think this year will be great for me again. We are going to send out a postcard to customers in the next couple weeks emphasizing water conservation and rising water rates. Then we'll send out our usual spring card 3-4 weeks later. I want to get the conservation part in their heads now.

We're probably going to lose out on people calling checking on rates this year, because there are more guys doing service now. Which doesn't bother me. But we're going to try and spend more time at each job doing the extras - raising and straightening heads, putting in proper nozzles in the rotors for MPR, teaching the HOs how to operate the controller PROPERLY so they can adjust throughout out the year better.

Peter - we're going to push more for the upgrades. :)
Good for you Dana.

ps I've started a Blog. My contribution to the economy. Hope you find it worthwhile.

Mike Leary
02-22-2009, 04:43 PM
My contribution to the economy.

After running it over in your diatribes. Getting a little sick of what seemed to be a pretty cool contractor.

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-22-2009, 04:52 PM
After running it over in your diatribes. Getting a little sick of what seemed to be a pretty cool contractor.

Good for you Mike...

DanaMac
02-22-2009, 04:58 PM
ps I've started a Blog. My contribution to the economy. Hope you find it worthwhile.

I started one a while ago. But I don't update it often enough. http://sprinklergeek.blogspot.com/

Mike Leary
02-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Good for you Mike...

Dump the sig, no one cares; at least I don't and it's getting as boring as trying to figure out who SHE is.

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-22-2009, 05:04 PM
I started one a while ago. But I don't update it often enough. http://sprinklergeek.blogspot.com/

Huh..i'll help as guest contributor when I'm slow. That is more customer oriented. I may go that route as well when I get to FC. I'm passing on my stuff for the John Jrs, Henrys, and Eddies for right now.

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Dump the sig, no one cares.

and you are?

DanaMac
02-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Huh..i'll help as guest contributor when I'm slow. That is more customer oriented. I may go that route as well when I get to FC. I'm passing on my stuff for the John Jrs, Henrys, and Eddies for right now.

OK so where is the blog?

:::::found it never mind:::::::::

Mike Leary
02-22-2009, 05:09 PM
:::::::drives motor home over cliff in dispair:::::

Mike Leary
02-22-2009, 05:13 PM
and you are?

Your guardian angel.

DanaMac
02-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Your guardian angel.

More like Angel of Death.......

Mike Leary
02-22-2009, 05:18 PM
More like Angel of Death.......

:::::calls travel agent, cancels trip to Dana's:::::::

DanaMac
02-22-2009, 05:22 PM
:::::calls travel agent, cancels trip to Dana's:::::::

More drinks for me then.

I'll make sure to put in an order for no snow. Wouldn't want you stuck here any longer than necessary. You might decide to stay and run me outta town. :)

EagleLandscape
02-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Maintenance is up 300%, and possibly 400% this year. Landscape installation is non-existent. Irrigation repair is looking good. Looking like we will be blessed again this year.

Mike Leary
02-22-2009, 06:07 PM
More drinks for me then.

I'll make sure to put in an order for no snow. Wouldn't want you stuck here any longer than necessary. You might decide to stay and run me outta town. :)

I bet you are shivering in your mukluks about me coming into town. :rolleyes:

DanaMac
02-22-2009, 06:10 PM
I bet you are shivering in your mukluks about me coming into town. :rolleyes:

Trying to find a good disguise and hiding spot.

Waterit
02-22-2009, 06:36 PM
After reading this thread and "Help in DFW", I'm beginning to think that ML is worried about Fimco taking over his "Crankiest On LawnSite" title.

rlpsystems
02-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Trying to find a good disguise and hiding spot.

I would think that green suit and trash can would be just fine.

DanaMac
02-22-2009, 11:39 PM
I would think that green suit and trash can would be just fine.

He'll never recognize me in my clown college suit

hoskm01
02-23-2009, 09:32 AM
He'll never recognize me in my clown college suit
WTF Dana????

DanaMac
02-23-2009, 09:35 AM
WTF Dana????

Hee hee hee.... Windy and I went as clown college graduates. What's the matter? pink wig and beard don't go together?

Ironically, I absolutely HATE clowns. Not afraid of them, just don't like 'em.

Tom Tom
02-23-2009, 09:55 AM
At first glance, I didn't think that was you.