PDA

View Full Version : Stock receiver?

1grnlwn
03-09-2002, 12:58 AM
I have a Chev 2000 2500 silverado with tow package. Is there any reason I should replace stock receiver hitch and put on aftermarket? Haven't had any problems except the receiver is obviously out of spec and got put on the truck any way. Insert rattles around quite a bit and the face of the receiver has white paint marker circleing it where the QA guy circled it for being out of spec. What you learn about these companys when you work in manufacturing.

Mark

karl klein
03-09-2002, 01:16 PM
i havent had a problem with my stock receiver on a 2500 suburban if it rattles why dont you take it back the truck is stell under warrenty

1grnlwn
03-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Probably should.

Randy Scott
03-09-2002, 02:39 PM
I've had 3 new trucks in the last 6 years, GM and Ford, the receivers all rattled in the hitch after a little breaking in. It's normal.

mdb landscaping
03-09-2002, 04:53 PM
that white mark gets put on all the trucks. i just got a chevy 2500 HD this fall, and mine had the white mark on the receiver. my father decided to get the same truck, his had the white mark, and all the others in the lot too. i dont think you need to replace anything.

Shawn Burns
03-13-2002, 10:38 AM
You might try going to a good trailer shop and getting a better "insert". I had the same problem with the same truck and got tired if the ratteling. A new insert fit tighter and no more ratteling.

Alan
04-05-2002, 04:53 PM
If you think that rattle is annoying just wait until you get a tight fit and have one rust in on ya. Been there, done that, it's a lot easier to put up with the rattle. It may not be a factor where you are, but here in the rust belt I don't like to leave an insert in the receiver through the winter. With no trailer hooked up for months it's very easy for one to rust in solid. I fought for hours to get one out of our 1-ton when I left it in over winter.