PDA

View Full Version : Cemetary Pricing

ultracut518
02-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Just looking for some info on how I should bid a cemetary for a broadleaf herbicide application. I can measure the sq ft, but how do you factor in all the grave stones etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

hmartin
02-22-2009, 11:11 PM
A cemetary, especially an older one with misaligned stones or family perimeters, can be about the worst possible place to spray or mow. If you are new to treating cemetaries, walk over the whole thing, make your best guess as to how long it will take you to spray it, and then double your labor estimate.

philk17088
02-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Take your regular price and take it times 10 for the sheer aggrevation!
Really, you need to figure almost double your regular time for this work.

treegal1
02-23-2009, 09:57 AM
there are PITA every time, and stain one stone and your SOL. the extra labor in a killer and it takes 10X as long to do everything. then there is the extra ant control you will need........ that and the re entry time.......foot traffic, extra aeration's, teddy bears in the way, cr*p ever where that is in your way. and its a 2 x a week cut if you mow it, cuz one blade of grass out of place and its on.............PGR is a must.........

a plus bob
02-23-2009, 04:01 PM
I do 4 of them I priced all of them high and after doing them its not high enough!!!Best thing is my Z-SPRAY is a perfect pass in the rows.Hand spray a few tight areas and it still sucks.Two of them are 14 acres a piece!they all want done before memorial day. last yr it was COLD and herb.was slow to work and it was my fault?

gdigman23
02-24-2009, 12:03 AM
I manage a 36 acre cemetery with all upright headstones..bid it high because the only way to do it is broadcast rows and recalibrate wand for around stones..N yeah dont use anything that will stain or that contains heavy metals like iron..Its a pain..almost as easy to get a good fertilizer with whichever pesticide you want attached, broadcast the whole thing, n hire a guy to follow behind and blow the stones off...Good luck

ultracut518
02-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks for all the input guys!!

gdigman23
02-24-2009, 09:21 AM
No problem..You come up with any good ideas let us know..Remember if you use the fert with pesticide n blow the monuments do it when its DRY. Any moisture on the concrete bases will stain real fast if you dont get them blown off..