PDA

View Full Version : Licensing

JConner
02-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Hi new to this portion of the site i was wondering if anyone could help me on how to get a pesticide license in central Florida? I used to work at a local pest control company for 2 years up until last week and now i am doing the lawn service mowing and landscaping but i also would like to get into the fertilizing part. I would also like to get what it takes to spray for weeds in beds right now i have a bunch of accounts that i take care of that always ask me why i don't just spray the beds instead of pulling the weeds and well it would be much more efficient to just spray the beds. i serviced lawns for the first year and i did residential and commercial PC for the second year but i want to start with the lawns first then maybe PC later thanks for any help

JConner
02-23-2009, 05:08 PM
no help with this

mngrassguy
02-24-2009, 03:03 AM
A good place to start....

http://npic.orst.edu/state_agencies.html#FL

AustinLawnscape
02-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Top of the page under Pesticide Herbicide & Fertilizer Application. Licensing in all states. Here' the link:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=61624

Good luck with getting certified! - Ed

JConner
02-24-2009, 10:20 AM
i just tried calling and they sent me to a different lady that was busy and i left a message should i try calling back this morning ar wait for a call back

Ric
02-24-2009, 10:59 AM
J

Check with your county extension agent. The Limited Roundup License, Which BTW allows shrub pest control also, Requires a 6 hour CEU class and a very simple 50 question multiply guess test. Insurance is also a requirement.

I used to teach the Limited Certification CEU Class as a private provider. But the County Extension Service Does it so much and so cheap it is no longer worth my time to teach it for profit. If your county doesn't have a class scheduled in a timely fashion, then check surrounding counties for their scheduled classes.

BTW there have been a few members here and some others who have been after me to teach over the top weed control and plant pest control aimed at the limited license holders. My problem is I no longer have a nursery or plants to demonstrate on. Other factors, while I can provide CEUs, is enough interest by limited licensed guys who are willing to pay for my time.