PDA

View Full Version : Fogged up

n-green
02-23-2009, 08:18 AM
It has been my experience that I can either wear eye protection or a dust mask. If I wear both, my glasses fog to where i can't see. Do you guys know of any ppe that won't make me look like a haz-mat crew. Thanks!

philk17088
02-23-2009, 09:08 AM
The dust masks will do that a lot because they don't seal on your face. Your breathing pushs air out around the bridge of your nose and under your glasses. the best thing to do is get a good respirator that seals well. Try them on first and make sure you get the right size. If not a respirator, go to a better dusk mask that has the valve in it to let out air rather than around the edges.

turfsolutions
02-23-2009, 09:20 AM
A full face respirator will solve the problem however you might see kids running the other direction screaming Darth Vadar is after me.

cod8825
02-23-2009, 09:38 AM
N-Green:

Not telling you what to do, but you might want to look after at how a respirator might be portraying you. We want to tell our customers that the products we are using is inherently safe so how does a darth vader spraying lawns look.

nik
02-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Keeping tons of anti-fog lens cleaning solution helps a lot. I had that problem until I had my eyes lasered. The better dust masks do help quite a bit.

mngrassguy
02-24-2009, 02:26 AM
I have several pairs of wrap around sunglasses that I got from Lesco that fit over my glasses. They are state approved because they fit tight against the brow. I carry a fog cloth in my truck but I don't have trouble with fog much. Sweat is my biggest PITA. I carry a roll of paper towels to wipe my face and a fresh, soft towel for my glasses after each job.

ultracut518
02-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Are alot of you guys wearing respirators, or just dust masks??

mngrassguy
02-24-2009, 08:50 AM
neither. I think the better question would be, "Does ANYBODY ever wear a respirator or a dust mask." I always were a "full face" shield while mixing.

ultracut518
02-24-2009, 09:19 AM
so your saying you feel the best time to sheild your eyes and lungs in only while mixing and loading?

mngrassguy
02-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Yes. Concentrates are VERY dangerous. Diluted solutions are not. Of course it does depend on the product you are using.

ALWAYS read the MSDS for each product you are using and follow the ppe recommendations. Very few these days call for a respirator.

ultracut518
02-24-2009, 10:02 AM
ok thats good to know......I spray a lot of momentum fx, and always wear a respirator when mixing, but often questioned if I should wear one while applying. Thanks