PDA

View Full Version : Price on cleanup job

mbsudd
02-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Just gave a price on a clean up job that included picking up a lot of limbs, leaves from about 2 seasons, trimming hedges all the way around house, and the lot is about a half acre. And it is covered. I priced it at $200 is that to high the guy thought i was way to high. Just your thoughts?

Thanks, blake

Carolina Cuts
02-23-2009, 11:01 AM
depends how long you think it'll take you... there's a cost factor involved. Damn, leaves from two years ago? Completely covered??? You might be cheap @ $200-

I just priced a small lot, maaaaybe two trash bags of leaves, 7-8 small shrubs @ $100- Should take 1.5hrs.
Basically I'm gonna blow out the beds lightly... edge and mow the lawn with push mower to pick up the little bit of leaves that are there. Even the shrubs he wants trimmed hardly need it. For the life of me, I can't understand why this guy says he needs a clean up??? :o) place looks great right now....

oh well, dude wants a clean up and my time, so he's gettin' it.

mbsudd
02-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Yea thanks for reply i would have every bit of 10 40 gallon lawn bags full and guesing it would take me at least 4 hours.

dwight1moore
02-23-2009, 11:17 AM
what do u have to do with the limbs? do u have to haul them off somewhere or just move them for curbside pickup?

mbsudd
02-23-2009, 11:20 AM
what do u have to do with the limbs? Do u have to haul them off somewhere or just move them for curbside pickup?

i have to haul them to landfill

dwight1moore
02-23-2009, 11:23 AM
need to figure a cost for each load. in my area i charge $40-$50 a load depending on what it is

jsw2008
02-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Sounds like you're low for that amount of limbs and leaves, but without pics that's just a guess. If you think it will take 4 hrs, it will actually probably take 8 since its 2 season's worth of crap in the yard. Those are the kind of jobs that really fool you.
I did a cleanup for a long time customer last week. I know this yard like the back of my hand. I charge her by the hour, but I still try to give her an idea of the price before I start. I figured 4 hrs and it took me 6 hrs, and I already did another cleanup right before Christmas. She was fine with the final bill, but that just goes to show you that cleanups sometimes take longer than you think.

Florida Gardener
02-23-2009, 01:04 PM
from getting owned on 2 cleanups i did a couple of month ago, ALWAYS, i repeat ALWAYS figure what you think it will take you and add a couple extra hours. I've gotten better since, but dont cut yourself short. Add more time in just in case.

RGM
02-23-2009, 01:13 PM
I think its kind of low sound like it might take more then 4 hours when I do clean ups I all ways bid by hour plus travel time to and a fee for the dump

david shumaker
02-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Sounds too low to me. I did some pruning today. Thought it would take 2 hours, but took 3.