PDA

View Full Version : GL insurance and Chemical application insurance

Green Up
02-23-2009, 11:49 AM
I have been in the lawn care business for 20 years. I am expanding my business to include spraying. I am having problems getting the correct insurance coverage. The insurance carriers that iI am finding is very expensive. Can anyone help me with this issue?
Thanks

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Make sure you are working with an independent agent, not a captive agent.
He/she can quote you with a variety of companies.

Also, watch very carefully the quotes you are getting in reference to the coverage being quoted. First and foremost, make darned sure you are getting coverage you want for spray operations. The big one is coverage for property under your care, custody, and control - you want to make sure you are covered for bodily injury and prop damage up to the policy limits for the property you are spraying (as well as surrounding property if there is drift, a dog wanders in, etc). Make sure mistakes in application are covered - I had my agent quote me with one company that only covered up to $1K for property damage due to mistakes in application, ummmm, that wouldn't even replace 100 sq ft of turf if I burned it down. Make sure no sublimits for the coverage you want....you want to be sure you are covered under the POLICY LIMITS.

nik
02-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Grassmechanic
02-24-2009, 11:46 AM
The insurance is expensive. It's the nature of the beast. As was said, shop around with independent ins. companies. Also, your state may have minimums that you need to meet. Contact your state dept of ag and find out what they require, then go from there.