PDA

View Full Version : Project Burkeen B30 B

Mdirrigation
02-23-2009, 05:34 PM
About a month ago I picked up a dissassembled b 30 b , and a pile of parts heading for the scrap yard . I also got a cut in half machine from Ron at Ripsystems . Here is what was involved to build a machine

Shacer box , new bearing and races , cut down on a lathe some old backhoe pins for the ones I was missing . use a fuel tank of a b 30 , drain sludge , water and oil out of the engine , let oil soak in the combustion chamber , flush engine oil 4 times , weld on fuel tank cover , replace fan belt , swap out lift cylinder piston on shaker box, add electric fuel pump, replace a 500 dollar fuel shut off solonoid on the hatz diesel , attach rear trolly to machine , repair 2 tires , drain hydro fluid change all oil filters 2 times , fight to get fittings to take grease. change axel oil and trans oil, oil up trencher chain , dissassemble hydraulic control levers to clean out rust, piece together a driveshaft from 3 machines, re route the return line for fuel . All thats left is to replace the center pivot pin and paint the machine .

Most parts I had to buy were from the auto parts store , or the hardware store , the machine is a 2000 with 850 hours on the meter , runs beautiful

Time invested 45 hours total

Total parts under $ 2500.00

I would do some pics but the they wont upload

Wet_Boots
02-23-2009, 05:45 PM
We need photos!! You can edit down your photos on your own computer with a nifty bit of freeware by the name of Irfanview, available at this certified badger-free link (http://irfanview.com) ~ 640 pixels is a good width to go for.

Mdirrigation
02-24-2009, 08:57 AM
heres a try at a pic

greenmonster304
02-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Why is the machine in such bad shape? If it is a 2000 thas not too old.

Mdirrigation
02-24-2009, 09:05 AM
the last pic was a pile of parts , this should be the machine

Mdirrigation
02-24-2009, 09:25 AM
here is another while I am working on it , next is a disassembled shaker box

Mdirrigation
02-24-2009, 09:43 AM
this is basiclly done , wheel weights are off for paint , but it all works ,

AI Inc
02-24-2009, 09:49 AM
How long did it take to put together? Were all the parts there and good , if not what did it cost for new parts?

Mdirrigation
02-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Why is the machine in such bad shape? If it is a 2000 thas not too old.

well it realy wasnt , mt mechanic had it he put in a new drive pump and the guy didnt come up with the money pay for it , he told the mechanic to do what he wanted with it. It sat outside in the weather for 3 years apart.
He was going to put it toghether and sell but his landlord told him to clean up , so I bought it . Mainly for parts , but as I looked closer it was viable to put it toghetger

Mdirrigation
02-24-2009, 09:54 AM
How long did it take to put together? Were all the parts there and good , if not what did it cost for new parts?

I have about 45 hours in it . Parts werent bad everything on the machine except the hatz diesel parts were gotten at auto zone bearings and filters. The hydraulic components are all generic
I part for the engine was 500 dollars

AI Inc
02-24-2009, 10:06 AM
I had 1 of those yrs ago.

Mdirrigation
02-24-2009, 10:47 AM
After working on this , and seeing this machine in parts and toghether , its a well built strong machine , it is top heavy , and the articulation joint could be improved . But the part I like is that all of the parts other than the engine are readly available parts , and the machine is pretty simple to work on , the frame is solid steel