PDA

View Full Version : Help Please - BBQ/Grill Light Fixture

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-23-2009, 05:08 PM
I am looking for a BBQ/Grill mount fixture for a built in GasGrill feature.

I know of all the usual suspects, Kichler, Hadco, Vista, Auroralight, etc... Looking for something different and "nicer"

Stainless Steel ideally... needs an adjustable stem/knuckle for aiming...

Price is not a concern.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

JoeyD
02-23-2009, 05:46 PM
James I emailed you info on the Hubble adapter! You can bassicly use any fixture you like from any manufacturer or selct one of ours. Obviously we dont have any SS fixtures except for the Nautilus but we do have a pawder coat that comes really close!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/lighting/DSC_0779.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/lighting/DSC_0787.jpg

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks for that Joey... I am sort of set on a 'gooseneck' type fixture that uses an MR16 lamp. I have found a few avail. from Focus, but not sure of their quality, availability here in Canada, or their listings.

Going to check out FX next....

Tomwilllight
02-23-2009, 08:37 PM
I've sold a number of the Aurora BBQ fixtures. My clients like the sculptural look, I like the ruggedness. I haven't handled a gooseneck that felt "good" when adjusted.

Tom

Pro-Scapes
02-23-2009, 10:18 PM
We have used the stainless focus ones in the past with excellent results. The flex stem makes it easy to adjust and the mr16 lamp puts out plenty of light.

Our first one will be 3 years old this year and its still working fine. The on and off switch is a nice bonus saving the need for any extra switching.

Unsure of the avalibility in your market but in the USA they are avalible from any focus source. This may be biased because it is the only fixture of its type I have tried.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks Billy, I will probably go with the Focus product. I checked my records and and found that I had installed one of these about 8 years ago for a client (Black Aluminum version). I have emailed them and it has been working fine all along. The Stainless version looks like a nice product to compliment the Viking grills the client is installing. Nice to see that Focus is cETL listed too.

Have a great day.

Pro-Scapes
02-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Thats why I bought it in stainless. It has darkenend slightly and the cover it came with has long ago faded with the sun but no issues with the fixture.

The switch is well sealed up in a rubber housing and is the push button type. FOLD can get you the BBQ light I know you have delt with Chuck and AJ in the past.

sprinkler guy
02-24-2009, 10:35 PM
James,

I've used several of the stainless lights from Focus in the last two years. They are VERYwell made. I've seen others on service calls, usually need a switch or a socket replaced, but the Focus have not let me down.

The Lighting Geek
02-25-2009, 12:07 AM
I was just at a job that had a focus stainless goose neck type light, and I believe it is about 8-10 years old. It had a socket problem and the goose neck section was a little rusty, just lightly speckled rust between the ribs. They may have made some improvements since then. I can't remember what socket it had but I will be back out there next week and I will take a picture for you if you like.