PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT - Check your GL coverage for Fert/Squirt Ops!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-23-2009, 06:14 PM
I am getting the sense lately that a lot of guys doing fert/squirts are getting new quotes for GL coverage now OR don't know exactly what their policy covers them for.

Dangerous guys - make darned sure your agent explains to you exactly how your fert/squirt ops are covered under your policy! Make him/her explain in layman's terms, and if you can't get a straight answer, take a walk and get a new agent.

One thing I am seeing when getting GL quotes for fert/squirt is that certain necessary coverages (like prop dam coverage for mistakes in application) are covered under SUBLIMITS of the policy and not up to the full POLICY LIMITS.
You have to make sure the essentials are covered up the POLICY LIMITS! If you turn in a claim and you have a measly $1K sublimit of coverage for that situation, you will be sick to your stomach as congrats, you just volunteered to pay for inadequate insurance coverage AND footing most of the bill for the claim as well.

If anyone else has input here, lets hear it. I am hoping most guys are adequately covered, but that's not the sense I get....

Surferbum21
02-23-2009, 06:47 PM
i just got a new policy as i am just starting out in this business. so what your saying is even if i have a million dollar policy it may not mean squat?

mattfromNY
02-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I am meeting w/ my insurance agent tomorrow for other matters, and will be sure to inquire about this.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-23-2009, 07:31 PM
i just got a new policy as i am just starting out in this business. so what your saying is even if i have a million dollar policy it may not mean squat?

Well, not necessarily.....might mean LESS squat though. If you are unclear at all on your policy terms, make your agent explain clearly. If you are certain, than disregard my thread:)