PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Magnum Smartsteer Upgrade (Pics)

SpreadNSpray
02-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Here are some pics of the Spray Upgrade and the AutoPilot locking spray lever on the new 2009 Magnum Smartsteer.

This is the latest sprayer upgrade. It sprays variable widths up to 15 feet. The two nozzles can spray variable amounts up to 65,000 square feet per 12 gallon tank. It has 3 spray angle adjustments for pitch and spray pattern width. Using the adjustments the spray upgrade can be set to perfectly match any magnum’s spread pattern. It installs quickly with no permanent modifications to the Permagreen Magnum. You can also switch back and spray with the stock center nozzles on the fly. We have gained over 30% in production on larger properties with this upgrade! It's been great on residential lawns over 6k and town homes were you have tight areas and then some big open areas. On office parks and acreage lawns it has been a big time saver.

The Auto Pilot is a push button locking spray lever. It allows you to lock the spray lever on to free up a hand. This allows you to operate all the controls (deflector, 3rd hole, spray valves) without stopping. It also allows you to switch back and forth from the center nozzles to the spray upgrade on the fly.

The Spray Upgrade and the AutoPilot locking spray lever also fit the 2008 and earlier Magnums.

PM me for pricing and more info.

wcb607a
02-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi Ross,
How does the smartsteer work?

Jason Rose
02-23-2009, 09:45 PM
I have yet to get on one of the new machines with the "smart steer". Hopefully I can find one sometime just to see what it's all about.

I didn't realize you worked at a Lesco, er, John Deere landscapes...

I need new handle grips for mine, again. Last winter I 'upgraded' mine with some I found at wally world for BMX bikes. They feel great, but the black rubber turns my hands black, and now they won't stay stuck on. Need to find some GOOD new ones. Some that are nice and cushy.

PSUTURFGEEK
02-23-2009, 10:10 PM
It looks your taking these pictures in a former Lesco location, opened in maybe 1994 by the looks of the signage???

SpreadNSpray
02-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi Ross,

Not sure yet. There is still snow on the ground here.

SpreadNSpray
02-23-2009, 10:19 PM
I have yet to get on one of the new machines with the "smart steer". Hopefully I can find one sometime just to see what it's all about.

I didn't realize you worked at a Lesco, er, John Deere landscapes...

I need new handle grips for mine, again. Last winter I 'upgraded' mine with some I found at wally world for BMX bikes. They feel great, but the black rubber turns my hands black, and now they won't stay stuck on. Need to find some GOOD new ones. Some that are nice and cushy.

It looks your taking these pictures in a former Lesco location, opened in maybe 1994 by the looks of the signage???

I'm not affiliated with Permagreen, Lesco or JDL. I just made a few upgrades for the Permagreen. They were nice enough to let me see if they fit on the 2009 Smartsteer.

Jason Rose
02-23-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm not affiliated with Permagreen, Lesco or JDL. I just made a few upgrades for the Permagreen. They were nice enough to let me see if they fit on the 2009 Smartsteer.

Ah, ok. Guess that will teach you to crop anything you don't want seen out of your pics :laugh:

SpreadNSpray
02-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Ah, ok. Guess that will teach you to crop anything you don't want seen out of your pics :laugh:

No kidding. I didn't think "parts" would make my new employment!:laugh:
And I thought I was smart when I cropped the serial #'s off the Magnums.:laugh:

Jason Rose
02-24-2009, 09:24 AM
I couldn't help notice the extra lever on the left side handle. What's that about? Seems like a lot of things for one hand to do; Open the hopper, run the spray, do whatever is attached to that other lever, and fold down the handle when needed... Makes my hand hurt thinking about it, :laugh:

SpreadNSpray
02-24-2009, 09:32 AM
I couldn't help notice the extra lever on the left side handle. What's that about? Seems like a lot of things for one hand to do; Open the hopper, run the spray, do whatever is attached to that other lever, and fold down the handle when needed... Makes my hand hurt thinking about it, :laugh:

Yah, I thought the same thing when I saw it for the first time.

The extra top lever is the new brake lever. Permagreen did away with the foot brake pedal.
Without a locking spray lever you will not be able to spray while braking with the Smartsteer.

Jason Rose
02-24-2009, 09:38 AM
So is that cable attached to the band brakes on the rear wheels, or did they come up with a more positive braking system? I'd much rather have the brakes under my foot. In a "oh chit" situation I'm ususally busy just trying to steer it and my foot and body weight does a fine job of hitting the brakes. Unfortunately the brakes SUCK and even if I can get them to work the wheels just lock and slide.

SpreadNSpray
02-24-2009, 09:45 AM
So is that cable attached to the band brakes on the rear wheels, or did they come up with a more positive braking system? I'd much rather have the brakes under my foot. In a "oh chit" situation I'm ususally busy just trying to steer it and my foot and body weight does a fine job of hitting the brakes. Unfortunately the brakes SUCK and even if I can get them to work the wheels just lock and slide.

Yes, the cable is attached to the band brakes on the rear wheels. They did re-work the cable hook up. Maybe that will improve the braking.:)

ColoradoJake
03-11-2009, 10:39 AM
how much is the locking spray handle?

SpreadNSpray
03-11-2009, 10:52 AM
how much is the locking spray handle?

Auto Pilot Locking Spray Lever $43.00 shipped.
Spray upgrade $136.00 shipped.
If purchased together $165.00 shipped.

You can email me for more info. Sprayparts@yahoo.com

aqualawn
03-28-2009, 11:51 AM
:usflag:I want to purchase both upgrades, please email contact info to info@outdoorsolutionsinc.us ThanksHere are some pics of the Spray Upgrade and the AutoPilot locking spray lever on the new 2009 Magnum Smartsteer.

This is the latest sprayer upgrade. It sprays variable widths up to 15 feet. The two nozzles can spray variable amounts up to 65,000 square feet per 12 gallon tank. It has 3 spray angle adjustments for pitch and spray pattern width. Using the adjustments the spray upgrade can be set to perfectly match any magnum’s spread pattern. It installs quickly with no permanent modifications to the Permagreen Magnum. You can also switch back and spray with the stock center nozzles on the fly. We have gained over 30% in production on larger properties with this upgrade! It's been great on residential lawns over 6k and town homes were you have tight areas and then some big open areas. On office parks and acreage lawns it has been a big time saver.

The Auto Pilot is a push button locking spray lever. It allows you to lock the spray lever on to free up a hand. This allows you to operate all the controls (deflector, 3rd hole, spray valves) without stopping. It also allows you to switch back and forth from the center nozzles to the spray upgrade on the fly.

The Spray Upgrade and the AutoPilot locking spray lever also fit the 2008 and earlier Magnums.

PM me for pricing and more info.

ted putnam
03-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi Ross,

More importantly. How good does it work? My Lesco reps told me it added another $800-$1000 to the price. I'm not sure how accurate that last statement is though...