PDA

View Full Version : WAZZUP? Need Feedback on my Truck Decals!!!

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Just tinkering with how I'll badge my truck. I have the black vinyl already, but will have to buy additional colors (and, thus, the 2 color design).

I'm just tinkering, but would love your opinions, good/bad/ugly.

Thanks!

JCRalston07
02-23-2009, 09:08 PM
not bad, might be alittle busy for my taste but it looks good

VARMIT COMMISSION
02-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Too much stuff on the backdoor. Kinda made me dizzy! All else looks cool.

Travis E
02-23-2009, 09:22 PM
My opinion, put the services on the sides of the bed and put the slogan on the tail gate.

mowerbrad
02-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Take the services off completely, it is just too cluttered with them on there. I do like how everything else looks though.

The Elements Group
02-23-2009, 09:32 PM
too much info... keep it simple and direct... see ,by the time i read allof that i already forgoet the name of your company and most importantly, your number .... See if this were a bill board or add in a paper thats fine, but how many ppl can read all of that when driving and remeber it or how many ppl can read it when you drive by at 45-90 mph ? good luck and tool around with it ....

rcreech
02-23-2009, 09:38 PM
I like it...but it kinda looks like my truck so I am probably a little bias!

I would go with green instead of black letters...and maybe add some layers to give the letters some depth.

Rayholio
02-23-2009, 09:58 PM
It'll work.. Make the phone number bigger, and higher on the truck.. maybe on the bed. and put a symbol, logo or picture on the truck that will appear in all of you phone books ads..

People (with bad eyes) will try to read the phone number from accross the street while you're doing a job.. other people will think "Who was that doing my neighbors lawn??" and look in the phone book for something familure.. They'll remember the word "Green" being different in your graphics, and call Tru-Green... lotta good that'll do ya!!

LOL food for thought.

ted putnam
02-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Just tinkering with how I'll badge my truck. I have the black vinyl already, but will have to buy additional colors (and, thus, the 2 color design).

I'm just tinkering, but would love your opinions, good/bad/ugly.

Thanks!

I think it looks good whoop. Not to busy IMO. People walking by or watching you drive by will see it and be able to read it fine. The only thing I might do is outline the green lettering with a thin strip of black around each letter. Just enough to make them stand out. Other than that, looks good.

Monroe74
02-23-2009, 10:51 PM
It looks good. But I think it is to busy if it were me I would lose the list of services on the back door and the saying on the bed and save the space for you company name and number those are the most important things that someone needs to know. Who are you and how do I get ahold of you.

DLAWNS
02-23-2009, 11:15 PM
I think it looks great, Whoop. Make sure you post pics when it's done.

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-23-2009, 11:34 PM
I have a logo, but would need a 3rd party to install it, as it'd have to be color printed onto a clear vinyl matting... and I don't love it. It works, but I think I might be ready to let it go.

But if I DID use it, it'd probably go where the list-of-services is, and I'd find a new home for them...

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-23-2009, 11:45 PM
One other thought: this is my old truck and what my customers and their neighbor's are used to... and I was thinking it prudent to not stray too far from what they have come to recognize.

Rayholio
02-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Keep the logo as long as it's in your other ads... ugly or not... it is recognisable

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Okay, here's a second draft. What are your thoughts on THIS one?

DUSTYCEDAR
02-24-2009, 02:40 PM
I hate the logo its a stock pic
i like the services on the glass

GrassmasterB
02-24-2009, 02:56 PM
i dont like the website on the fender, needs to be back under the phone # like your first pic. otherwise i like the second pic.

Rayholio
02-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Better.. The web site is a problem...

Also, I still think the phone number needs work.. remember the shape of the truck.. That phone number will be less visable as you get closer, and more distorted because it wraps under..

IF it were my truck, I would get rid of the slogan.. it's not going to sell anyone.. Replace it with you email address, OR services..

The highest contrast area on the truck is the rear window.. I would put my graphic there... and I would put half the phone number on the back door, and the other half on the bed where the gas cap is..

On the bottom of both doors where the phone number is would be another good alternative for the web site..

You know.. This is your truck.. and we're just a bunch of uneducated butt-holes... We're going to give you suggestions because you asked... but that doesn't mean we're right.. Whatever you do.. make sure YOU are happy with it..

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-24-2009, 04:12 PM
You know.. This is your truck.. and we're just a bunch of uneducated butt-holes... We're going to give you suggestions because you asked... but that doesn't mean we're right.. Whatever you do.. make sure YOU are happy with it..

Haha. I'm a member of the club, too. I asked for opinions on purpose. I sit here trying the different suggestions. If it works, I keep rolling with it... if it doesn't I try the next thing.

I did try spreading the phone # across both doors, but it wasn't flowing well. But we'll see what else I can come up with...

Stay tuned for Round 3.

lawntennis
02-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Try the number between the gas cap and the rear wheel. I like the logo on the back door.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-24-2009, 04:28 PM
ILL WAIT ON THE CURB FOR THE NEXT TRUCK TO GO BY:clapping:

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Okay, what about this approach: what works... what doesn't?

(NOTE: the letters on the doors would be spaced out to jump the seams, of course. And I'd remove the F350 decal.)

CGlandscaping
02-24-2009, 04:35 PM
I like the 3rd one... not so busy. cleab and to the point... i like the website over back wheel... i did the same thing

DUSTYCEDAR
02-24-2009, 04:39 PM
that looks better

Rayholio
02-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Definately better bro.. Maybe think about adding an outline to the phone number, or change the color? Seems like it's getting a little lost in the shadow..

LawnTamer
02-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Third time is a charm!

americanlawn
02-24-2009, 06:34 PM
IMO Whoopass -- no matter what your trucks look like, I'd use your service just cuz of your honesty & hard work. (reputation)

A white truck would be better though cuz the decals would show up better. Maybe less lettering too? (keep it simple) My 2 cents worth.

p.s. Maybe show pics of your wives (with a 900 number) on the tailgate? :laugh::laugh: This would bring in "miscellaneous income". :laugh:

turf hokie
02-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Looks good, but around here you would need room for you USDOT #, pesticide #, GVW, Home improvement license sticker(s)

Holy crap you wouldnt have any room for you name or phone number.

J/K looks good but I have mine set up different just because of all the crap we have to put on our trucks.

addictedtolandscaping
02-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Just had mine done yesterday, I totally did away with the services lines. I actually got a call from a guy last year about a hydro seeding job and he wanted to know who I would recommend for prepping, when I told him we did that he said "really it does not say that on your truck." So with that I was convinced that actually listing services got me discounted for projects, now it just says "Professional Landscape Services"

I bought a Ram Quad cab, used the doors for the logo, number and website went over the back wheel. Up in the air on doing the back window or the tailgate right now, but definitely needs something. The bigger your name/logo the better, recognition is key.

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-24-2009, 08:43 PM
...I totally did away with the services lines. I actually got a call from a guy last year about a hydro seeding job and he wanted to know who I would recommend for prepping, when I told him we did that he said "really it does not say that on your truck." So with that I was convinced that actually listing services got me discounted for projects, now it just says "Professional Landscape Services.

That's exactly why I want them. I only do what I'm efficient at, and that's spraying and mowing... but you wouldn't believe the crap I get calls for...

With that list, what you see is what you get... nothing else.

sprayboy
02-25-2009, 08:12 AM
I like the doors in pic 2, maybe a tick smaller on the numbers with black outline, sevices on the window, web on the rear fenders.

Ditch the logo, doesn't look professional to me.