PDA

View Full Version : Growth Regulator question...

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
02-23-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm bidding on a apartment complex that has man made barrier from the road. Its basically dirt pile 5 ft tall and about 200 yards with a pretty steep incline. I was hoping to save some time by just making my guys trim it by using a growth regulator. Problem is I have never used one and want to make sure it will work, and two, that it will allow the area to keeps its color so it looks the same as the other property. From what I am reading, it looks like Embark is the way to go. Oh the grass type is centipede. What are your guys' opinions?

The Elements Group
02-23-2009, 11:14 PM
i have used growth inhibitors and they do work... tell them you havea special on 3gal Kudzu ...and plant those on 18" centers.... kidding... they work but check with that brands consultants and spec centipede.. good luck

tombo82685
02-23-2009, 11:17 PM
I use primo at my golf course, works great but is very costly. Also, this is for northern type grass species like agrostis paulstris and poa annua, im not sure if it hold the same merit as your warm season grasses since they have a different type of gentic makeup.

JPsDuramax
02-23-2009, 11:48 PM
i have used growth inhibitors and they do work... tell them you havea special on 3gal Kudzu ...and plant those on 18" centers.... kidding... they work but check with that brands consultants and spec centipede.. good luck

I F'ing hate kudzu. I have one commercial customer that has about 300lf of fence that has kudzu always growing up to it. The customer didn't believe how problamatic it could be until it pulled over their 8ft tall fence. I'm trying to get them to buy some goats:laugh: I hate growth of 6-8inches a day.