PDA

View Full Version : When do customers start to think about lawncare in Northeast

Miller's Lawncare
02-24-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm just starting out, and so far I have two clients. When do most people start to call around for lawncare. I'm in N.J. its still pretty cold out, but was wondering what month would I expect to get the most calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yater
02-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Around here, they start calling on the first warm, sunny day.

RGM
02-24-2009, 02:19 PM
In Baltimore its between middle of April and 1st week of may

merrimacmill
02-24-2009, 02:20 PM
mid april to may here as well.

Monroe74
02-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Same here mid april to may

Reliable Lawn Care
02-24-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm just starting out, and so far I have two clients. When do most people start to call around for lawncare. I'm in N.J. its still pretty cold out, but was wondering what month would I expect to get the most calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hope in March/April, but sometimes when their grass is about 8 inches tall !!!

Fox Landscape Services
02-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Come to Arkansas and get paid year round!! All my accounts pay the same every month!!

lawn crafters
02-24-2009, 08:55 PM
some will just not even worry about it and keep the person from last year but if i were you and you are trying to get new customer i would say to start advertising in march thats what i do, then i start spring clean upos on april 11th (around there)

shovelracer
02-24-2009, 09:40 PM
If you already have the equipment ready, hit them up late march. If the customer sees you as professional they will be proactive and hit you up early. if they dont than you will get your business a week or two into the growing season when their guy does a bad job or there mower doesnt start. Our largest volume of calls come the first couple warm days, but by then we are booked into the next month. Second most popular time to call is friday on a holiday weekend. I think most guys in your area get going mid march and mowing mid april. Dont forget that the state and insurance will hit you up ten different ways your first few months so be prepared to lay down some money to keep them happy.

DLAWNS
02-24-2009, 11:18 PM
I usually start getting new customer calls in Mid March and they start pouring in, in April. I sent out my renewals about a week ago and have been getting some calls already. Trying to stay ahead of the game. The reply that someone said...the first warm sunny day is pretty accurate, though.

Miller's Lawncare
02-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks guys for your help, I was sweating a little, now I can relax. I have advertised, and I will continue to. I had business cards made up, tee shirts made, I'm donating a basket to a beef and beer also.
Can anyone tell me how do I get my equipment info to come up on my posts with out typing it every time?
Also can you think of anything I am missing from what I have already?

2000 5x8 open trailer
Ransomes 36" belt drive W grass-gobbler
Honda hrr216 21"
Echo GT200R string trimmer W/ Shindaiwa easy loader head
Stihl FS36 string trimmer W/ brush cutter head
Echo SHC212 hedge trimmer
Echo PB413H Backpack blower

Thanks again

STIHL GUY
02-25-2009, 08:35 PM
when it gets warm and sunny out

clipperslawnservice
02-25-2009, 09:01 PM
I just went full time this year and it was my first time to do flyers,
started putting them out two weeks ago,nothing. then this week
temps. have been in the upper 80s, phones been ringing off the
hook!!! picked up two mowing accounts,two flower bed clean-outs
and re-do,and three tree trimming jobs!Im gettin the FEVER!!!!!!!!!:cool2:

TheCanadianLawnRanger
02-25-2009, 09:03 PM
I find mid april is the busiest for returnign clients. New clients can coem in at anytime. Usually when there lawn is out of control already

buckhigh
02-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks guys for your help, I was sweating a little, now I can relax. I have advertised, and I will continue to. I had business cards made up, tee shirts made, I'm donating a basket to a beef and beer also.
Can anyone tell me how do I get my equipment info to come up on my posts with out typing it every time?
Also can you think of anything I am missing from what I have already?

2000 5x8 open trailer
Ransomes 36" belt drive W grass-gobbler
Honda hrr216 21"
Echo GT200R string trimmer W/ Shindaiwa easy loader head
Stihl FS36 string trimmer W/ brush cutter head
Echo SHC212 hedge trimmer
Echo PB413H Backpack blower

Thanks again

go to the user cp menu and type your equipment info under the signature option. that should work for you.