PDA

View Full Version : advertising

hondarancher4435
02-24-2009, 06:20 PM
well i need some advice on adertising. i am 16 and have my permit but just got it so i still won't be able to drive myself around till leaf cleanup time. don't worry i am not the neighborhood lowballer who is uninshured. i am fully liscened and insured throught my parents for the last two years. now since i can't drive i can only do local to my house within about 5 miles. so this really makes advertising hard as i can't do newspaper ads., local bullitens, or internet. so here are my main options. flyers in mailbox(illegal), rock bags(illegal) and door hangers. i will also be putting a sign in my yard with a tube full of flyers. some other ideas i was throwing around was signs on telephone poles(not a good idea and im not going too) and my last option is ground stakes at local intersections and neighborhoods(not sure if this is legal). so what do you guys suggest.

Sweet Tater
02-24-2009, 07:25 PM
I peronsaly would just go door to door and introduce myself and see how that goes, face to face encounters are usually the best in my opinion. however do beware of no soliciting signs, respect them always

LouisianaLawnboy
02-24-2009, 08:07 PM
I peronsaly would just go door to door and introduce myself and see how that goes, face to face encounters are usually the best in my opinion. however do beware of no soliciting signs, respect them always

Well said.

Try yard signs in the yards you cut.

LouisianaLawnboy
02-24-2009, 08:09 PM
BTW is that w/b yours?

hondarancher4435
02-24-2009, 08:19 PM
yes the gravely is mine just traded it for a $500 dirt bike got a steal

LouisianaLawnboy
02-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Looks good. Does it have a sulky? What size deck? What type of engine?

hondarancher4435
02-24-2009, 09:10 PM
well i may build a sulky for it there is a large thread in the commercial mowing section(can my mower handle a sulky). it has a kawasaki 460v 12.5hp engine and a 50" deck i like it but i may have some trouble in really heavy grass.