PDA

View Full Version : Truck loaders

Ben's Landscape
02-24-2009, 08:01 PM
I am thinking of buying a truck loader this year. Since I live in the North East we get a ton of oak and maple leaves in the fall. Up until now i have been just bagging my leaves with the city leave bags and that just takes way to long to do!! So I was wondering what brand is liked the most?? Pictures of the leafloaders that are being used?? your experience with diffrent brands?? I have heard that anything lower than a 16 hp will clog a lot is this true?? I am just looking for some all around information. Thanks a lot!!!

paponte
02-25-2009, 07:57 PM
We have been using Giant Vacs for years. They are great units, and easy to patch when they wear. I can't speak for truck mounted machines as we only run tow behinds, but hp depends on what size cleanups you are doing.

DLAWNS
02-25-2009, 11:13 PM
I have a Billygoat loader. I have the 18 HP Vanguard and it's awesome. You can see pics of it (not the best pics) at this link.. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=261671 or in my profile.

J&R Landscaping
02-25-2009, 11:43 PM
I have a 16hp Billy goat truck loader. When the leaves are wet, it can and will clog a bit but it still saves a bunch of time!

Classified
02-25-2009, 11:52 PM
I have a 16hp Giantvac (Now an 18hp) and I love it. It clogs very little but once you get used to its limits it works great. They dont shed the leaves as much as I thought it would but it does a great job of saving my back and alot of time.

IcutgrASS1
02-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Im up north in Mass probably an hour from you, i know,tons of oak leaves, but ill tell ya i used a 16hp giant vac for years and never had a problem even wet...not soaked leaves that have been piled up for 2 weeks in the rain but morning dew wet leaves....only issue that will slow you down is sticks and large twigs sometimes get clogged but we were doing about 8 to 10 good sized clean ups a day verses having a 30 hp now i can squeeze in maybe 2 to 3 more cleanups in a days time.....but good luck, id stick with a 16 or 18 hp just because you can find them pretty cheap....

Ben's Landscape
02-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the replys!!!! Just wondering when buying a used machine what are some warning signes to look out for?? I am good with motors so i can tell if the motor is going or not. but what about the impeller and inside the housing??

Jersey Shore Landscaping
02-26-2009, 09:45 AM
i have a little wonder 16 hp for sale if you want to check it out here got pics of everything would meet you half way to pick up anyway good luck they are a bi time saver http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=261507

ruffs
02-26-2009, 06:28 PM
we use giant vac 23 tow behind. Has worked for years and has eaten a frw pitch forks and larg rocks and is still going. The question you may have to ask is how many leaves are you moving. If its just you and 2 other guys it might be over kill and a hitch mount 18 hp would be good. but if you are looking to expand or have 5 or 6 guys the 23 tow behind will be the one you want .It will be able to keep the leaves your guys a bringing to it. Time is $

Ben's Landscape
02-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks ruffs!! I think that i have narrowed it down to an 18 because as of right now it is mostly me by myself and ocassionaly my dad or my brother will help but that is a raraity!! How did pitch forks go into the loader??

ruffs
02-26-2009, 06:55 PM
ti was a 90 degree fork a (garbage for or potato fork) they a great for pulling down mulch from the truck or pulling leaves from the plie to the hose. a kid we call brain is always fing around and he let the fork go and it was gone. The first time he had to buy beer and a new fork. tha second time we riped his cloth of down to his long jons and thay went in the vac and yes he still had to buy beer and a nother fork. hasnt let go of a fork since